Monday, August 22, 2011

Too fat for the chimney

I've gained a ton of weight in the past few days.  I'm 5lbs 8 oz today!  Technically, I was this weight a few days ago, but my doctors thought it was partially due to some extra fluid in my lungs and not completely due to my amazing muscle mass.  So, after some diuretics, I lost some weight and was breathing more comfortably.  But now I'm back to 5lbs 8oz of pure muscle! 

I'm feeling great the past two days, but Saturday was rough.  Despite my protests, the doctors & Mama & Daddy agreed that it was time for my vaccines last week.  This sounded like a terrible idea to me, but they tell me that the vaccines will prevent me from getting really sick later on.  At least I know that they won't cause autism because Mama rants constantly about how evil Jenny McArthy and the other proponents of the vaccine-leads-to-autism supporters are!   So, anyway, I felt crummy on Saturday - like I had the flu.  I didn't wake up all day and I kept forgetting to breathe too.  Mama & the nurses were nice and let me sleep all day long, and they gave me some extra oxygen to make me more comfortable.  Mama was so happy on Sunday when I was all better!  Back to my silly self as if nothing had ever happened. 

I'm still working on getting rid of my last bit of oxygen and learning to breastfeed.  It is so much easier to just get fed through my tube;  I don't really understand why I would want to work so hard at breastfeeding when I can relax and sleep with my tubefeeds! 

More cute photos coming soon...Mama & Daddy just can't keep the camera away from me!


1 comment: