Thursday, August 25, 2011

No More O2.

I made an important decision today. Candidly, it was rather silly that the doctors and nurses insisted on sticking a nasal cannula in my nose with a constant flow of oxygen and nitrogen. So, I decided to kick the O2 habit and go for clean room air!

I have been breathing on my own for nearly 24 hours now, and I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by life without O2!
If you look closely, you may also noticed that I have grown a bit of wonderful baby fat around my face and neck!  Mama & Daddy tell me the next step is to eat all by myself, but I'm working on one day at a time!

3 comments:

  1. Love those cheeks! Looks like he has Grandad's chin! So cute! love Boppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so very precious, a very strong and handsome boy who is loved by so many. Our little hero is on the way to independence. Look out Mom and Dad. So thrilling to see him. All my love, Gran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work Declan. We're proud of you!
    Love, Granddad

    ReplyDelete