Thursday, September 15, 2011

House Invasion

Hi Everyone -

First, I would like to apologize for taking so long to get another blog post up.  Mama was really busy this week, and though I am incredibly intelligent, I still need her help as a scribe!

This week was Mama's ENT conference in San Francisco.  Though she didn't really go to the meeting during the day because she spent the days with me, she had obligations every night.  She says they were for work, but I know she was just really having fun with her friends from Boston & our family!
She even went to a SF Giants game & brought me back some cool gear!

Daddy's side of the family has other ENT doctors, just like Mama...including Granddad, Aunt Kristi, and Uncle Steve.  So, the whole House family was in town and they all had dinner on Sunday.  I was the talk of the town!  Uncle Hans (AKA Uncle Poseidon) came to see me on Sunday which was awesome!  He looks a lot like Daddy & he has a little girl named Sophie, my cousin!  I can't wait to meet her someday, but she couldn't come visit me in the NICU this week.   Granddad, Boppy & Uncle Steve also visited me this week...here are some photos!  Mama couldn't stop talking about how much I look like my Granddad!  I think that's a good thing!

Aside from all the "work" that Mama had to do this week, she did spend a lot of time with me trying to help me learn to eat better.  I have to say that I still really don't like this eating nonsense!  I mean, it's ok for 1 ounce, but they want me to drink 2 ounces, and that's just a crazy amount of work!  So, I still have my feeding tube for when I fall asleep while eating.   I'm 7 pounds 14 ounces today, which the doctor thinks may be a little too fat, so they cut back on my volume of feeds a little bit.  Mama says this is good because she still wants me to get home while I still fit into my cute newborn clothes!

                          Mama & Daddy at the Giants game.  I can't wait to go with them next time!

Mama & Daddy brought me this cute outfit as a peace offering to see if it would make me eat better!  (It hasn't worked yet!  I demand more expensive bribes!)

   The House family dinner.  (From bottom left around the circle:  Cousin Sophie, Aunt Kristi, Daddy, Mama, Uncle Steve, our friend Josh Meier, Boppy, Granddad & Uncle Hans


                  Me with Boppy, Granddad & Uncle Steve (he's getting married to Aunt Beth in 10 days!)















 Me with Granddad.  I look just like him!  Even the dimple in my chin.
 
 Mama with her people from Boston!

1 comment:

  1. I have a fundamental problem with my cousin wearing a Giants outfit. An Angels or Dodgers onesie will be ordered immediately

    ReplyDelete