Monday, October 17, 2011

My Post-Baby Shower

Mama's official post-baby shower was this weekend, hosted by Grammie and some friends of her's.  This party was initially scheduled for July 16th...one week AFTER I was born, so it got postponed until I was well enough to attend.  Mama has been looking forward to this party for a long time, and I obliged her by being calm for a little while.  Grammie had the house decorated with an African safari theme to match my nursery.  Even the cake fit the theme!  Mama got some awesome presents (really they are mine!) and had a great time with all the ladies.  So many people wanted to hold me, but Mama restricted it to my close family members so I don't get exposed to too many germs. 

Speaking of ladies...there were way to many of them, so I left the party with Daddy to spend time with both of my Grandpas at a sports bar.  After all, what were the women thinking when they scheduled the party for a Saturday in the Fall?  Didn't they realize this would interfere with College Football??  I already know all the football rules, courtesy of Daddy - we watch it every Saturday morning while Mama is still asleep. 

                                                          Me asleep before the party

                                               My awesome cake - Mama didn't let me eat any!


                   Grandpa, Grammie, Great Grammie, Mama with Me, Daddy, Boppy & Granddad

                                                         Granddad and Boppy love me!

                                                   Great Grammie with Mama & me

                                                     Auntie Kelly with Mama & me

                                           Auntie Aubree holding me for the first time

                                                         Watching football with Grandpa

2 comments:

  1. Fun time. Declan is the man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! It’s actually a good idea. Even the baby can attend the party like this. It’s a sweet idea and a lovely post. My friends are also organizing a baby shower for me in an event venue Atlanta next month. It feels so special to be a mother and since it is my first baby I am very excited. Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete