Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Winter begins in Tahoe!



This last weekend was our first trip to Tahoe for the winter season.  I was begging and begging to go to Tahoe for months!  I am old enough now to remember my favorite parts of our cabin:  snowballs, Mr. Blue Dog, big blocks, pinecones, 'cuzzi tub,  and particularly BIG FAN!  For three hours in the car, I kept asking for my big fan...constantly, really for three hours. I have no idea why Mama went crazy!    

We met Gee & Grandpa at the cabin and spent a whole day playing in the snow, and mostly just making Grandpa play hide-and-seek and turning fans on and off.   The next day, Granddad, Boppy, Uncle Chris & Cousin Harper also flew in to share a wonderful weekend with us.   

Cousin Harper and I had so much fun together...she gave me all sorts of hugs and kisses, and had so much patience when she was playing with me. 

Dada went skiing on Saturday and the rest of us bundled up to go up the gondola to the top of Heavenly mountain.  The gondola ride with unparalleled views of the lake were amazing...but mostly I kept looking for deer and bunny rabbit tracks in the snow below. Mama and Dada are going to get me on skis sometime this winter...but I'll believe it when I see it!  

We also went sledding at the house and built my very first snowman!  I loved getting buried in the snow by Mama and Dada, but my favorite part was going on a "wolf hunt" with Dada.  We followed tracks in the snow to a "cave" where the wolf was going night night!  :-)  

I had a blast with four grandparents doting on me every second of the day, plus a pretty cool Uncle & Cousin too!  

We get to go back next week too...I'm already anticipating my Big Fan On!  

***THERE ARE A LOT OF PHOTOS & VIDEOS...the videos are pretty funny!***

Hide-n-seek with Grandpa (and there's a big fan in the closet)

Checking out the snow on the deck for the first time

With Cousin Harper at the lookout over the lake
Kisses from Harper
Granddad, Boppy, Harper, Chris, me & Mama
With Grandpa and Granddad on the gondola
Gee, Grandpa, Mama and me

              I came up with this idea on my own!  Hilarious! Grandparents will do anything for me!

playing in the snow with Gee
Sledding with Dada - and Uncle Chris helping us go straight!
With Gee & Boppy




Heading downhill with Mama!  Hold on tight!

Harper teaching me to make a snowman


                           Watch out when you give a little dude the ingredients for the snowman!

Snowman tastes yummy
The whole gang!
Have you noticed that my snowman is a boy?
The Colton House family
With Granddad, Boppy & Harper and my first snowman
playing with Dada, Grandpa and Granddad 
Cocktail hour at the cabin
Building blocks with Grandpa
I love my 'cuzzi tub!





Where Harper go?
starting my wolf hunt with Dada
I see one!
Trying to make a snow angel


No comments:

Post a Comment