Monday, January 25, 2016

Declan Hercules: Showing baby sister "Tahoe Snow"

Hi friends, 

It's me, Declan Hercules!  I've let baby sister write the last few blog posts - Mama tells me it's nice to share, so I'm working on it. I guess I'll have to work on sharing even more now that there's a new small person in my house.  Baby sister is pretty cool, and I've had fun watching some of her funny faces.  I cannot believe how much she sleeps, and I'm particularly intrigued by her poopy diapers - I've even helped Mama change her a few times. 
I still call her baby Candle.  Mama and Dada picked a new name - Keevah Nyx - but I like Candle Serena better, so that will be her name for now.  She doesn't know how to do anything...nothing at all!  I keep trying to show her how to use fans, but she's not interested and keeps falling asleep.  Hopefully she'll be more interesting soon.  

One thing baby Candle didn't know anything about was New Year's Eve.  We celebrated with Gee & Grandpa at our home in Napa.  We had a fancy dinner and then watched the big ball drop in New York, followed by the Auld Lang Syne song.  

First New Year's Eve

On New Year's Day, Mama and Dada packed us up for a long trip to Tahoe. This time we got to stay for 10 days!  It was awesome to have a little friend sitting in the back seat with me.  The drive was uneventful until we were 20 miles from the cabin - then traffic got AWFUL!   We had to stop to feed baby sister and for Mama to pump milk.  Baby sister was fussy and there wasn't much room and she spit up all over Mama!  Then I announced I had to go potty, and not just pee.  My bum sure was cold out there in the snow!  Finally we were at the cabin and I got to show baby Candle all around.  Not only had she never seen the cabin before, but she had never seen snow! My job as big brother is to show her all these new things and I am taking this job very seriously. 

We all loved the fresh snow - sledding and making snowmen and snow angels was awesome! 

Mama and her babies!
Family photo - ready for a snowy afternoon!
Snow Angels!




Baby sister went sledding at 9 days old (just a tiny baby hill)


Exploring ice sculptures at Heavenly Village


A very cool ice bench
special Mama time while baby sister relaxed inside the cabin

El Nino is awesome!!


Catching snowflakes on our tongues
Gee & Grandpa were in Tahoe too!
Grandpa and Hercules in jacuzzi during the snowstorm
Mama also surprised me with my very first sleigh ride!  I loved it, especially the horses and their jingle bells!. 





Mama's really good friend from med school, Miss Catherine, also happened to be in Tahoe at the same time.  She came to visit for a night with her family, and I had a fun time with Celso, Noah & Spencer!

Engrossed in a movie with my friends
Mama and Keevah with Miss Catherine
And finally, a few photos of Mama's babies:

My favorite shirt of all time!
Baby sister being cute
Baby candle found her fingers!


No comments:

Post a Comment