Sunday, November 30, 2014

Gobble Gobble and First time Skiing

Halloween is done and my fan costume has been put away to my protests.  But, I'm being adequately distracted by plenty of time with friends, family and Tahoe!

Since my last blog post - we spent some time in Half Moon Bay with good friends Jen & Mark and baby Mazzie.  Mama was under-prepared for my romp on the beach, and let's just say my clothes didn't last long...

We started like this...
Mama with Mr. Mark & Mrs. Jen
Then lost the pants...

Then this...
and finally....

We left Half Moon Bay for the BEST reason ever...my new baby cousin Rinnah Emma was born!  
I was pretty sleepy by the time we got to the hospital, so I didn't get to hold her yet, but I love looking at her pictures!

Uncle Ben & Auntie Aubree letting Mama hold my new cousin
Can't wait until she wakes up more. I have so much to teach her...
...such as how fans go around and around!  All babies should come with fans. 
Then we were so lucky to go up to Tahoe for a whole 11 days for Thanksgiving!  I LOVE Tahoe so much.  This time, we had a few sets of friends up, including many friends for me to play with.  The BEST part of the whole weekend was that I finally got to go skiing!  I proved my parents wrong - they said I'd get tired in 5 minutes, but I loved it!  I kept asking to go faster and faster on Day 1.  The next day, Dada took me up an intermediate slope and we skied down the whole thing with me between Dada's legs.  I really loved the "chair gondola" aka chair lift.

Hiding in the racks while I was supposed to be getting my skis
At the viewpoint half way up the gondola to Heavenly

The gang (minus the Hunt family):  Dave, Nancy and Felix; Rocio, Ernst, Liam & Anna Sophia;  Mama, Dada and Hercules
First time on skis









We also had fun on the inner tube!

slo-mo;  thanks Mr. Dave for the ride
Tired at the end of the day...time to catch a lift
The next day, we all went on a really nice walk in the rain to Cascade Falls.


Rewarded with a beautiful rainbow!

goofing off with Anna Sophia
The only time we were all sitting still the whole weekend, entranced by cartoons, so the grown ups could eat dinner in peace!  L to R: Felix, Liam, me, Bea, Anna Sophia

A completely random video - you can't really see me, but this is what happens daily whenever Mama asks me about school.  What happens at school, stays at school...

Second set of friends arrive for Thanksgiving weekend.  Barclay, Daniel and Dada took turns pushing the jogging stroller.  They ended with a polar swim in the lake, and I was smart enough to stay back and watch them be stupid. 
A jog and a polar swim...topped off with some whisky
In PJs, loving Mama on Thanksgiving
Dada's brined turkey going in the oven...forgot to take an after pic


Playing with my magnetic blocks with Mr. Barclay
On another hike!


Everything I am thankful for...

And finally, adults play silly games too:

No comments:

Post a Comment