Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Great Pumpkin, Tahoe, and MORE!

October may be my favorite month...for now.  I may change my mind in December cause Santa Clause is pretty cool.  But, for now, the Great Pumpkin gets me pretty excited.  
I had a fabulous month with trips to the pumpkin patch, Tahoe, a local Farm, and every house in our neighborhood.  

In reality, I have been planning for this month since mid-summer.  Mama, in case you don't know, is a Type A planner.   So, in July, she asked me what I wanted to be for Halloween.  I've never trick-or-treated before, and really had no idea what sort of costumes are standard for such an event...so I responded with the thing that I love most:  "A FAN!"
Mama couldn't have possibly been surprised, since I have my own personal fan collection, point fans out in any store (including air vents, propellers, air conditioners, or anything that could possibly resemble a fan), and ask people to draw pictures of fans on a daily basis.  But, I could see that she was a bit perplexed, so I added, "I want to be a box fan!"  to help clarify the situation.  
We had a family trip to Target where I picked out a nice big black box fan -  and Dada and I set about disassembling it.  The first iteration was a modest success - but it did NOT spin!  BIG problem since that is the entire purpose of a fan.  I tried to keep my cool, though may have whined a bit...and ultimately (after a few trips to Home Depot), the fan spins!  

Here I am in all my glory!  





My parade at school

Learning to Trick or Treat

Ok, now that you've seen how amazing my costume was, we can back up to the rest of the month...

I was pretty skeptical about carving pumpkins, pumpkin guts are gooey!






Guess what else you can do with pumpkins?
I loved helping Mama and Dada decorate the house





Just chillin' with Dada after a hard day's work
And, before we decorated, we went to the pumpkin patch. I've been asking to go there since January, so this was pretty exciting. 








We managed to squeak in a long weekend in Tahoe too.

At the beach with my friends Levi and Indigo

Making a dinosaur with sticks and pinecones



Admiring the Fall leaves
Mama and Dada left me at Gee and Grandpa's to go to a wedding in Solvang

And, we went to Connolly Ranch Farm in Napa for their Harvest Festival. I had a blast petting all the animals, including the worms!










At the park with Grandpa



just goofing off with Mama

What Mama puts up with on a daily basis...at least we had underwear on this time 

At my gymnastics class



OK,  that was a ton of photos and a lot of catching up!  More to come soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment