Sunday, May 18, 2014

No parents allowed!



The past few weeks have been amazing!  Mama and Dada are off to Vietnam for an adventure - this crazy far away place makes no sense to me, but they are really excited.  Apparently, I got in the way of some exotic travel arrangements, so it's been quite awhile since they were able to travel to third world countries.  We go all sorts of places as a three-some, but this time Mama & Dada needed time to get away without spending the whole time entertaining yours-truly!  

So, while they were off on their adventure, I got to spend one week with Gran, and then one week with Gee & Grandpa in Tahoe.  Gran came to Napa and I showed her all of my new tricks.  She tells me all the time how smart I am!  She gave me my Thomas the Train set during her last visit, and I immediately requested another trip to the toy store as soon as I saw her.  We added to my train set with a "Haunted Mineshaft" and an "oil refilling station".   Also, I showed her how much I love to drill - anything with tools is enchanting to me.  She bought me my very own drill set...and I haven't stopped drilling since!  We had a wonderful time bonding and I tried to be on my best behavior for my Gran so she will come back soon!

The second week, I spent with Gee & Grandpa in Tahoe.  I love my cabin soooo much!  It even snowed in May for me so I could smack a few people with snowballs.  Friends came to visit with their granddaughter, and Auntie Kelly & Uncle Tomo came to entertain me too!  I had a wonderful time collecting pine cones and watching the squirrels.  

I also continue to love my preschool and my swim lessons.  I'm such a water dude!

Here are some Vietnam photos from Mama & Dada just to humor them: 

Some random temple
View from Mama & Dada's room
Sapa town, 45km bike ride amongst the rice terraces
Topas Ecolodge, Sapa, Vietnam
Hiking through the rice terraces
Ha Long Bay, Vietnam

Ha Long Bay, Vietnam
Cave dining

Oxbow with Gran...wearing Christmas jammies with a t-shirt over top...cause I can do anything with Gran!

Ice Cream with Gran
Practicing with my new drill

Achieving perfection with my drill

Thomas the Train set!  Thanks Gran!

Clothing optional when watering the garden
Meanwhile...I was wearing two hats in the middle of summer at Gee & Grandpa's house
Wearing Grandpa's hat

Goofing off with Gee
The day the "H" died

My banjo guitar!


Loving my swim lessons!


Mama and Dada brought me this quilt from Vietnam
Just chillin'
Dancing to the UOP fight song


More dancing...




Playing with Uncle Tomo and Auntie Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Love the Vietnam pics--especially the one of Joyce in asian hat!

    ReplyDelete