Wednesday, October 30, 2013

San Diego with the Heidts!


Last weekend, Mama and Dada surprised me with a trip to see my friends Jonah & Keaton in San Diego.  Mama and Dada went to college with their parents, Analeah & Ian at Claremont McKenna College.  They still love to get together a few times a year to reminisce about the good ol' days, and nowadays to discuss life raising boys.  BOYS RULE!  I don't think they discussed playing kick ball in the park and wiping noses & tooshies when they were enjoying their crazy party nights in college!  Oh how times have changed!  

I had a great time playing with my friends, but my favorite part of their house was a big fan upstairs that I spent hours turning off and on...my favorite passtime by far! My universal catch-phrase for any time I'm happy is "Big fan OOONNNN!"  I was a bit under-the-weather, and actually passed my GI bug to pretty much every one else (SORRY!), but we still managed to have a wonderful vacation.

I got to play with all kinds of new toys at my friends' house, and they showed me their favorite local park where I got to play on scooters.  It was especially fun when Keaton pulled me around the whole park so I didn't have to work on peddling myself.  We also had a super fun day at SeaWorld.  Though they didn't have my favorite animal, the jellyfish, I was enthralled with the dolphins jumping so high out of the water.  My favorite part was feeding dead fish to the sting rays and sea lions.   I keep reminding Mama of the dead fish...so now my fish sticks are "dead fish" and sushi is "dead fish"...yeah, exactly the same as the slimy old sardines that the sting rays enjoyed! 

The grown ups even managed to have a grown up dinner one night...no doubt to reminisce about the "good ol' days"...please!  We three boys had way more fun than they did! 

I can't wait to see them again!  In Tahoe next time!


Kickball in the park
Grown ups playing kids games...

More grown ups playing kids' games

Dada & Ian 
Mama and Analeah - we forgot to take photos of the times they were dressed up! This will have to do...and is likely the state that they find themselves in most often.
Watching the puffins & penguins

At the dolphin show!

Jonah showing me some special fish
Cool sharks!
Examining the cast of a great white shark jaw...how many sets of teeth do I have?
My treat at Sea World...a huge pickle!
Feeding dead fish to the sea lion
With Dada, Ian & Jonah & Keaton at the sea lions
With Dada and Analeah & Keaton at the sting rays pool
Feeding dead fish to the sting rays
Ohhh...slimy!
Watching the sharks with Mama in the underwater tunnel
Being silly at the aquarium
Water park!
Attempting the rope climb with Dada
Three boys hamming it up
Bathtime with Keaton...he put those bubbles on my face!

Also...some cute fall photos of me!

Grandpa teaching me to climb a tree
While the parents do some wine tasting, I enjoy the beautiful vines and old grapes!
Look!


No comments:

Post a Comment