Monday, September 23, 2013

Family Family everywhere!

I have been so blessed with many family visits in the past month. 

First, my one and only Gran came to watch me while Mama studied for a week.  Gran lives all the way across the county in Peen-ly-va-na (Pennsylvania).  I love Gran and I love how much she loves me.  I am the only boy grandkid and of course, I must be her favorite since I remind her so much of my Dada who was her baby boy a super duper long time ago.  She got to take me to school, which I am really liking now (after two weeks of tears).  Once I realized that I wasn't being left at school forever and ever, it became a pretty cool place.  I have learned most of my colors in the past few weeks and I can count to five.  Most importantly, I finally will tell people what my name is:  "Dekkan".    Gran spoiled me rotten, as is her God-given right!  I got to eat ice cream every day and got to go to the toy store a few times to pick out some new goodies: a ball & bat, blocks that make animal noises, and new books.  I was so sad to see her go, but she told me a secret:  she gets to see me in New York in two months!

playing with Gran and my choo-choo
Gran dropping me off at school
Then my cousin Nora came to visit from Portland, Oregon for a few nights.  She's actually my second cousin, as her Mama Sharon is my Mama's cousin.  So Nora and her mama and dada, Uncle Tim, came to Napa.  I'm sure the grown ups had a nice time, but Nora and I had even more fun.  She would organize things and I would knock them over.  Then she would build a block tower, and I would knock it over.  It was great fun!  I think she exists to make things for me to destroy!  It really was so much fun to have another cool kid around and I can't wait until they come again.

Mama with Cousin Sharon & Uncle Tim
Nora, me and Mr. Socks
Cheese!
I was a bit more into the hug than Nora
Teamwork!
Finally, Grandpa (who is currently Papa in my language) had a big special birthday. So as a special treat, I got to be his birthday present. I spent the weekend with Gee & Papa in Elk Grove and had a great time swimming and going to Fantasyland in Sacramento.  Mostly, I really loved playing with marbles for the first time!  On Sunday, Mama and Dada came to join the party, along with Aunt Kelly, Uncle Tomo, Cousin Allysha, Uncle "Bean", and Auntie "Aubeeee".   We all celebrated how wonderful my Papa is, and the best part was the cake & ice cream!

Mama, Auntie Kelly, Auntie Aubree, Uncle Ben & Gee
Marbles with Papa
more marbles....
The Colton Clan
I got to have a quick visit to Great Grammie too!
Silly time with Gee
The best water fountain in the world...at Fairytale land

Largest Nutcracker ever
Tin man
Feeding the quack-quacks with Gee

Also...here are some silly photos of me horsing around...
Playing dress up a bit early!
You will see this tail again for Halloween...but I found it in Mama's stash and insisted on wearing it to the park...several times!
I conquered the caterpillar
Mr. Independant



No comments:

Post a Comment