Sunday, July 7, 2013

I'm TWO! Happy Birthday to ME!

Today started as a day like any other.  Dada fetched me when I started chatting to my invisible friends in my room and took me downstairs for breakfast & milk.  We went on a long jog up to Skyline Park, while I bobbed happily in my jogging stroller.

When we got back home, Mama was waiting.  And, then they told me...today was my birthday!  How could I have forgotten???  Silly me!   I don't remember my birthday from last year since I was just a little guy. But, now I'm a big dude (which I tell Mama frequently), and today I am going to remember.

Mama and Dada debated whether to have a large celebration for my special day, but in the end, we agreed that the most important people in the world are just we three...so we spent the day together, happy as can be.

I got a new prized possession.   A Bicycle!  But, I like my new helmet even more...a shark head complete with a fin!  GRRRRRRR!  I'm kind of obsessed with teeth right now (maybe I'll be a dentist), so the shark teeth have me captivated.

I tasted a bit of cake, but I'm really not a sweets kind of guy, I prefer the salty stuff. So, I got spoiled with lots of extra chips and guacamole today!

Mostly I just enjoyed hanging out with my parents who are still pretty cool.

Milestone report for my second birthday:
I can run, but I can't jump
I can climb like crazy (I am a monkey)...and move my step stools everywhere to help me reach the things I couldn't (and frequently the things I shouldn't).
I like to dance, which means squatting repeatedly and turning in circles (only counter-clockwise).
I eat all my food by mouth (HOORAY). My favorites are crackers, yogurt, hotdogs and mac & cheese.
I have over 50 words and can put 2-3 words together when I feel like it.  I am learning about 5 new words a week now...this week was teeth, cow, "where'd he go" (while raising my arms up in questioning), tree, ah-choo (sneezing), phone, wine (whoops!), and big doodie (thanks grandpa!).
I know about 10 animals and the sounds they make.
I know all of my body parts, including the "unmentionables".
I am a bookworm and read out loud to myself all the time, though no one can understand me.
My favorite animal is still the woof-woof, and my puppy is arriving soon!
My favorite article of clothing is socks.
I am stubborn and frequently pretend I do not understand what my parents are asking of me, but I do know...
I am fascinated with the duality of on and off.  This refers not only to lights or fans, but also to the sky which is on during the day and off at night.  Only I don't know how to say "off"...so I say "bye bye on".  :-)
I love my parents, and give hugs and kisses upon request (only to keep them happy)...but mostly I really pretend to love them to postpone bedtime. They always let me stay up longer if I cuddle with them.
I have the best smile on the planet and good looks to back it up!

Next year, my birthday is already on my calendar, and I'm going to have a huge party. I'm counting the days!

The first in Mama's version of a photo-shoot





My new bike & helmet!
Chatting on the phone with Uncle Rainbow (Ken)...one of so many wonderful family members who called me on my special day!  Thanks Grammie, Grandpa, Boppy, Granddad, Gran, Uncle Ben & Auntie Aubree!

I hollered "Go, go, go, go go!"


Then I got to go to the park with Mama!

Last week, I got an early birthday present from Grandpa & Grammie...a huge monkey...

and a music set...

But I really loved the basket they came in!
Just a cute photo of me lounging with Grammie... 
My new outfit courtesy of Gran...
 And a special thank you for my special gift from Granddad & Boppy too!!



No comments:

Post a Comment