Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Gran's Birthday in Iowa - and other summer fun!

I got to visit Iowa for the first time this past weekend for my Gran's birthday celebration.  We spent the weekend at Uncle Hans & Aunt Kristi's house in Iowa City.  Uncle Chris, Aunt Chloe and all my cousins were also there.  I loved running around with all my cousins, playing in the kiddie pool, the pretend kitchen...and mostly knocking over the lovely castles that the girls kept trying to build. Destruction is WAY more fun than construction!  The grown ups enjoyed making a dinner straight from the farmer's market on Saturday, and a 7 course catered dinner on Sunday. I'm a little miffed that I wasn't invited to participate in those events, but I enjoyed my mac and cheese with my cousins even more!  

We drove out to Gran-Aunt Mimi's Animal Farm on Sunday for a lovely brunch.  Honestly, the eggs and goat cheese that Mimi made from her own chickens and goat's milk were the best eggs I've ever eaten!  I'm not sure if Mama can ever convince me to eat another egg again!  I got to play with her Saint Bernards, hold a 10 day old Basset hound puppy (who, at 2lbs13oz, was more than I weighed at birth), pet a baby chicken, help hunt for eggs, ride a goat, and MORE.  BUT the BEST part of the whole morning was that I got to meet my new sister for the first time.  Entropy, my Portuguese Water Dog, has been living with Mimi to learn how to mind her manners for the past month.  She has to stay there a little longer until her puppy teeth fall out, but I can't wait until I get to play with her every day. She loves water as much as I do!  

Sunday afternoon we were treated to several hours at the pool!  I enjoyed the water slides and the wading pools especially, and my cousins got to show off in the deep end.  


Playing with Gran, Laura and Sophie
Casual dinner on night 1
Daddy with his brothers Uncle Hans & Uncle Chris 
Morning brunch at the animal farm 
Gran and Aunt Mimi 
Bubbles with Cousin Laura 
How many Declan's would it take to equal one St. Bernard?  (Answer: 7-8)
Old MacDonald had a farm....
With Mimi & Chevre, the goat

Riding Chevre
Sophie, Laura and Harper petting a baby chick with Gran Aunt Mimi 
My turn!
Checking out the hippo's teeth!

Cousin Laura giving me a lift! 
Gran with all 5 grandkids - Me, Sophie (6), Laura (8) holding Lexi (9m), and Harper (6)

The whole family with Ropy!
Mama and silly girl Entropy
Laura and Harper at the pool
Aunt Chloe with Lexi
Dada and me!
Before Gran's birthday weekend, I also had some more fun closer to home. 
I got to go to Train Town in Sonoma for the first time. It's a full functioning miniature railroad, with stops at carousel rides and a petting zoo. 








My first roller coaster!
 

I love sour cream!

We also just got to hang out at home!


Loving my favorite hat!

I know this thing plugs in somewhere!!

At my gym class...notice I'm the one not participating in "circle time".  Would you, when there's no line for the slide??
Chillin with Dada in my pool

We went to Elk Grove for cousin Michael's wedding, and I got to see Great Grammie too. 

Four generations
Note the bridal party in the background....does this make us white trash?
At the wedding...too hot in the Central Valley for pants!
My Chippendales look with Grandpa and Mama

My new haircut courtesy of Mama
Cheese!
I love shoes...any kind of shoes...but boots are especially cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment