Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Granddad & Boppy....and COWS!!!

My Granddad and Boppy visited me this past weekend. I had seen Granddad not too long ago, but it had been awhile since I'd seen Boppy. What a treat!  I recognized them right away and surprised everyone by giving out hugs as soon as they arrived.

Unfortunately I was torn away from them soon after they arrived since it was my bedtime.  Mama, Daddy & my grandparents went to a nice French dinner to celebrate Dada's belated birthday.  On Saturday I got a special treat (and so did Mama and Dada) when Granddad and Boppy took me for the morning. We went out to breakfast and on a walk to the park.  I chased a squirrel, but I couldn't catch it!  In the afternoon, we went on a really cook hike in SkyLine Park. My favorite part of the whole hike was swapping hats with Granddad and riding on his shoulders...he was my special buddy for the weekend.

Big hat, little hat...
On Sunday we drove to Petaluma to visit the Gale Family Ranch owned by Mike & Sally Gale (aka Chilean Valley Farms)  - Mr. Gale was a college friend of Granddad's.  What an amazing day!  I got to run through the barn and the greenhouse. I devoured my first hamburger - made by Mrs. Sally from their grass fed beef...yummy!  I even got to play in a tractor.  I played with doggies, cats, chickens, rabbits, goats and cows...lots of them!  Mama & Dada fed a baby cow a bottle...and tried to prevent me from playing with all the cow patties.  I thought patties were something that you eat?

My very own barn
Vroom, vroom...
Checking out Mrs. Sally's spring lettuces in their greenhouse
Showing Granddad & Boppy how to feed the cows
In heaven with doggies and cows
Here chicky chicky...
My favorite song, Old MacDonald is appropriate right now...
In the beautiful hills with Granddad & Boppy

Watching Mama feed an orphaned calf
Why isn't my bottle that big?

Many pregnant sheep!
Running and running and running
Family photo
Family photo with cow...
What a wonderful weekend...I slept so well last night!  Can't wait to see them again!


Bathtime before bedtime...Mama made me wash off all those cow patties...
Night Night

No comments:

Post a Comment