Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Halloween - and my first Move!!!

I have had so many things that I want to write, and I simply don't have enough time to write them all fast enough!

First...the festival of the Great Pumpkin (my favorite holiday...for now!).
I didn't get to really enjoy the holidays too much last year because I was too little and couldn't really sit up by myself.  This year, I have vowed to tackle the holiday season head-on and enjoy every minute of it.  I am particularly fascinated by lights, so to see some orange lights up by our house gave me the first glimpse that the holidays were coming.  Mama erected some large cobwebs and spiders in front of our house - I think it was supposed to look spooky, but I kept laughing at it!

Halloween day was particularly fun. I was invited to my first party by the parents of my friend from my Kindermusic playgroup.  There were about 20 of my friends there, and their parents.  Even though it was raining, I had a blast playing with other people's toys and snacking on some goldfish from other people's plates.  My nanny Heather had to extract me from the fun to go home so that I could help Mama pass out candy at home (Daddy was in London...lucky dog!).   My favorite part of the day was that every time Mama opened the door, I would escape by crawling as fast as humanly possible out the door to sit on the driveway in the puddles of rain!  Glorious rain! (Have I mentioned that I'm a water baby?)   I was a huge hit - the neighbors adored me...which came as no surprise to me!   My costume was a hodge-podge - on the outside I was a Twiga (giraffe)...but if you pulled off the coat, I became Batman!  Every superhero has his alter-ego right?

At the pumpkin patch!




Going doing the hay slide with daddy



Petting zoo at the pumpkin patch
Showing Grammie my new pumpkins that I picked out
I am Twiga!
Elmo & me
playing with my friends at the Halloween party
Eating the ghost toy...
Riding my friend's pony


Halloween came right after our big move.  We didn't move too far - just a few blocks down from our old rental.  Mama and Daddy decided it was time to take advantage of "free money"  (ie. low interest rates) and buy a house in Napa.  I was pretty nervous about adjusting to a new place, but once I saw my new room and my new backyard, I was sold.  We've been settled for a few weeks now, and I love it!  Please come visit soon!

Our moving crew
Helping Mama put the bathroom together  
I can be handy too!
Helping Mama put together the new organizers for her walk-in closet...while watching college football
Doesn't the level work this way?
Chillin' with daddy after the move
My balloon present the morning after the move
The whole family
My new kitchen
My new dining room
Grandpa did a great job organizing the garage right away...it would have taken Mama & Daddy a few years!
Fun super-curly hair day...random photo
Trying to make Grammie eat a coaster...
Fetch!

No comments:

Post a Comment