Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I'm 1...kind of...

I celebrated my first calendar birthday this weekend...on 7/7 to be exact.

I definitely feel much older, wiser and more mature...but I'm not sure if I'm actually 1 or not!  Since I was a bit too excited to enter the world 3 months early, Mama & Daddy (and all my doctors) keep referring to my "adjusted age" by subtracting those 3 months where I sat in my incubator, from my calendar age.  So, they are telling me that I'm only 9 months adjusted.  This does have some merit developmentally since I'm just now trying to crawl and pull up to stand, but it definitely is confusing for a little dude to understand!  So, this is how I see it...every year I will celebrate my calendar birthday on 7/7.  AND every year, I will celebrate the date that I came home from the hospital, which was right around my due date - 9/24.  See how clever I am?


My first Daddy-Hercules skin-to-skin session
I don't fit as good as I used to...

Anyway - I had a lovely first CALENDAR birthday celebration at Grammie & Grandpa's house.  Boppy & Granddad came up to help me celebrate, and we all drove to Elk Grove for the festivities.  I dove right into the pool with Ertle the Turtle...and Daddy & Granddad took turns pushing me around.  I only tipped over once, which startled me a bit, but I'm a tough dude!

Granddad & Daddy aren't paying enough attention to me!

Some of our family friends also came over to help me celebrate, as well as my nanny Heather, Auntie Aubree & Uncle Ben & Auntie Kelly & Uncle Tomo.  Great-Grammie was also there...she is super cool!
Sitting with Boppy & Miss Heather at my party

The Markleeville Gang & family at my party

Auntie Aubree, Mama & me...

Granddad & Boppy watching me eat my cake!

Great Grammie is so cool!
Thanks Miss Heather for my balloons!

I prefer to be naked with my balloons


Of course, I love being the center of attention...and don't really understand why people don't throw me parties every week!  I got several new books, and a few outfits too.  Not too many toys per Mama's request because I actually prefer boxes and keys to most any other toy you could buy.   Everyone sang me the Happy Birthday song, which was cool, but it completely perplexed me!  I got to blow out my big #1 candle on my cake and got to smash the cake with my bare hands.  So much fun!


Grammie & Grandpa - thanks for my party & my celebration cake!

Waiting to blow out my candle with Mama & Daddy

Uncle Ben helping me read my birthday cards..

Listening to my new books

Playing with Grandpa


My present from Boppy and Granddad

Some money for college!  I promise to read a lot of books!


But I think I prefer the envelope...look! No hands!

I dazzled everyone with my charm and good looks, and got to practice the art of crawling on the floor (I'm still trying to perfect that one).


The hat is a good motivation to learn to crawl...


Proud Hercules!

Finally, it was time to return home, where I spent a restless night sleep wondering how I can get people to pay homage to me more frequently.

Until next time!
Cheers,
Declan Hercules

No comments:

Post a Comment