Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Babies Gone Wild in San Diego

This past weekend started with dinner in Orinda with two of my favorite nurses.  April & Alyssa kept me alive after I entered the arena of life a "bit" too early!  They are so amazing and talented that it's no wonder that Mama and Daddy have become such good friends with them.  We try to see them every few months...and if Mama and Daddy are too busy, I demand it!

Me with Alyssa
Me with April
Then Mama and I spent the night near SF airport and took a flight out on Friday morning to San Diego.  I've never been there before, but I was happy to recognize sand which I discovered in Hawaii.  I finally met some really important people to Mama & Daddy, and I suspect they will be important in my life too!

We spent Friday afternoon & evening with my Uncle Kevin & Aunt Kendall & Cousin Logan.  I've heard of these people before, and Mama was showing me photos online too.  Logan is 10 weeks old now, so she's my baby cousin!  I'm so happy that I'm not the youngest in the family anymore.  Logan is so little that she can't sit up by herself yet, so I helped her!  Mama and Daddy tell me that I used to be even much smaller than Logan, but I don't believe them.  Mama and Auntie Kendall spent the afternoon talking about how to manage we "small fries" and generally about how awesome we are!  I'm sure they had nothing but glowing things to say about how amazing and cool we are!  Daddy flew into San Diego and met us for pizza at my cousin's house and we shared a lovely dinner.  I even got to sleep in Logan's bed...it's much pinker than mine!

Just chillin'

Me with my baby cousin Logan - it was nice to meet her, but it was nicer to meet her bow

Yummy...

want the bow...want the bow...

I got it!!!
I win!  Thankfully Logan didn't mind...

Mama & me with Auntie Kendall & Cousin Logan

Then we spent the rest of the weekend at Mama and Daddy's best college friends...Analeah & Ian.  Analeah & Ian helped Mama hook up with Daddy in College, so I owe my existence to them!  They have two little guys, Keeton & Jonah (ages 4 & 2), who are super cool!  I was so jealous that they could walk and talk and shoot basketball hoops and play with the doggie!  I can't wait to get bigger so that I can play around with them.  We spent Saturday morning at the zoo - Holy Cow!!!  That was amazing!  I loved the turtles and hippos especially since they came up so close to me.  And the panda was pretty cool too.  


My first time seeing flamingos

Ian, Keeton & Jonah with Daddy and me

Daddy showed me the giant panda

Analeah giving me a bath in the sink...with my clothes on!

Faucets are fascinating...

Story time for the men...no women allowed
After the zoo, Analeah's mom, Nana Gail, came down to watch us little dudes for the evening so Mama, Daddy, Analeah & Ian could go to dinner just like in the "good old days" that they reminisce about from college.  I was a superb dude and slept the whole night.  The grown ups had an amazing time together and missed us just a little bit. 


Analeah & Mama

Daddy & Mama with Analeah & Ian
Sunday was Mama's Day!  Daddy told me all about how important this day was for Mama.  Last year at this time, Mama was going through the worst time of her life.  She was so worried about whether I would survive (she still had doubts that I was really Hercules!), and she was so sick, that Mama's Day last year was just too stressful for her.  So, this year was a complete celebration of all we have accomplished in the past 12 months.  I am alive and amazing (not to be immodest), and Mama is my hero.  She is healthy and working so hard as a surgeon and a Mama to the most amazing small dude on earth (again, not to be immodest!).  Daddy & I picked out some really pretty outfits to give her on Mama's Day, but Mama told me that I was the best gift of all.  I gave her so many smiles and loves all day long.  It definitely was the best Mama's Day ever...my Mama told me so! 


The whole gang on Mama's Day!

First time at a jungle gym

Swings feed my desire for speed!


I'm racing Jonah to the top!


Loving this...

climbing over Daddy


Hanging out with Mama on her special Day

Practicing my walking

So that's all from my San Diego weekend.  Here are a few short videos of me: 



Doing my "Happy Dance"

Trying to get my toy off the floor

Inspecting my new retro-fitted cart

Oh...I'm having my tummy surgery tomorrow morning.  Mama and Daddy say it will help my tummy feel better so that I will want to become a foodie, just like them!  I promised to be brave...on to my next labor!
































No comments:

Post a Comment