Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Declan Hercules: Winter in Napa & Maui Vacation

Here we are, already in Spring! We had a fun, but busy, Winter.  In March, we all enjoyed a trip to Maui, but we were content in Napa for January & February.  I'm doing well in fourth grade at Vichy, and still enjoy fencing, coding, piano, science, and drawing.  Keevah is thriving in Kindergarten, and continues her obsession with anything bunny-related.  She also enjoys her Tae Kwon Do,  horseback riding, and just had her first piano lesson!  

Dress like your favorite book character day
Dress like a 100-year old
All the bunnies...
a bunny parade
Spirit and Chaos love cuddling

Keevah earned her orange belt

She's loving horseback riding
Harmony & Chaos love each other

Keevah learned to ride a bike! I'm so excited that I get to ride with her now! 

In March, we had a wonderful trip to Maui, courtesy of Granddad & Boppy.  We all stayed in this HUGE house, right on the beach.  My absolute favorite part was simply getting to spend a lot of time with my cousins.  But I did also get SCUBA certified!!!  It was so amazing to see a whole new underwater world!  I saw so so so many turtles, and even 10 sharks! I wasn't scared at all, and impressed Mama and Dada with how fearless I was doing all the underwater skills (like taking off my mask and gear and replacing it underwater!).  
    We also did an awesome ATV adventure and got completely filthy.  Some of us did a high ropes course, which was really fun, and only a little bit scary.   Blue water rafting took us around a remove lava coast, and then we got to snorkel a few times - so many turtles! 

Mama, Uncle Chris, Dada, me, Auntie Chloe, Cousin Laura, Cousin Harper, Boppy, and Granddad

I'm scuba certified! 

Granddad did a bit of free diving/snorkling to follow me on my first dive!

Mama and me





Me & Dada checking out a turtle

All three of us


a school of goat fish

A really cool cave!

...with two sharks!

Keevah & Granddad

Mama & Keevah! 

A FILTHY ATV ride...but so worth it! 

We each had to take at least two showers to clean off that good old Maui red dirt! 

Awesome view of the Ocean! 

Lunch at "Cheeseburger in Paradise" - we don't quite get why Mama won't quit singing the song...
Cousins Laura, Alexia, Keevah, Harper & Declan

Who needs a bathing suit? 

Dada, me & Keevah
Family in warm water! 

An awesome beach shot! 


Snorkeling with Dada

California girl...


An awesome urchin shell!

Keevah joined Dada & I for her first real snorkeling!
Harper, Keevah & Alexia - Harper made an awesome dolphin!


We clean up ok sometimes! 

The walk to Honolua Bay - most amazing snokeling ever! 



I bought my first-ever art purchase!  An awesome octopus, that the artist customized for me while I was waiting!  

Mama & Dada took us to a teppanyaki grill for Dada's birthday! So cool! 

A nap in the warm sand was worth it! 

Granddad, Harper, Boppy, Laura, Keevah, Alexia and Aunt Chloe - loving gin rummy! 

Candid family shot

Giddyup Dada!
Owen, Davis & me - enjoying the beach right outside our house

Me, Keevah, Emery, a buried Davis, Avery & Owen

Emery & Keevah enjoying the waves! 

Cousin breakfast:  Keevah, Emery, Davis, Owen, Declan & Logan

Cousin lineup:  Emery, Keevah, Davis, Owen, Logan, Declan, Avery

I had so much fun getting to know my cousins - talked for hours!  Here I am discussing some ridiculous game with Logan! 

Sunset on a stormy night


Owen, Me & Davis braving the crazy waves! 
Blue water rafting:  Auntie Kendall, Keevah, Logan, Emery, Auntie Beth & Boppy

Blue water rafting:  Granddad, Uncle Steve, Uncle Kevin, Dada; then Me in the middle holding Cousins Owen & Davis! 


5 minutes after the rafting trip...

But recovered quickly to swim in the pool at our rental house:  With Davis, Emery, Granddad, me & Owen

Declan & Dada visited the blowhole while I did a bit of souvenir shopping


Ropes course:  Keevah, Owen, Davis, & Declan




Banyan tree in Lahaina:  Avery, Logan, Emery, Owen, Keevah & Davis

Sweet cousins:  Emery & Keevah - this is gonna be Trouble (with a capital T) in a few more years! 

Cousins in the media room:  Davis, Declan, Emery, Logan, Davis and a "dabbing" Keevah

Granddad & Boppy with a PJ sunset photo with Emery, Keevah, Logan, Davis, Declan & Owen

What an amazing 10 days in Paradise!  We thank Granddad & Boppy so much for an amazing trip, and most importantly, the time to bond with cousins, Aunts, Uncles and grandparents!  We keep talking about what a great adventure it was!  

Back in Napa, we had a quick birthday party where we got to go "indoor sky diving".  A super fun, crazy, adventure!  









Stay tuned - we head to Italy & Jordan next month!  









No comments:

Post a Comment