Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Keevah Nyx: Fall is coming!



Hello friends and followers! 

Can you believe it's October already?  We had another great month at the House household.  I'm in a new preschool at the Napa Community College and am loving it.  It was time for a change, and though Mama and Dada were nervous about the switch, it couldn't have been easier for me!  I love my new school, and make sure to tell whoever is driving me each morning to go to my new school and not my old school!  I'm not even speaking in sentences, I'm speaking in paragraphs and essays at this point - they can't get me to stop!  Though  I continue my fierce independent streak, I still copy everything that "Quacken does".  Though I can say Declan, I generally refer to him as Quacken still, and will keep my motives secret for now.  

I'm excited to share our October plans with everyone, but first, we went to Monterey and Carmel in September with the Romps family.  I absolutely love water and sand, and fishies and especially sharks, so I had an amazing time! 

Family in Carmel
Mama and Quacken
Hitchin' a ride
Burying big brother
My turn!

Sand Angels!
Checking out the tidepools
Family hike
I dressed myself:  swimsuit, tennis shoes with socks, sun hat, a random feather, and an awesome hiking stick
Love my brother!
Cheese!
Siblings!
Posing
The men in my life
Declan with our teepee of drift wood
Dennis the Menace playground!

Monterey Bay Aquarium
My favorite - Sharks!!!
And guess what?????  Fall is here, and the Great Pumpkin is coming.  So, we had to prepare and get ourselves to the pumpkin patch!  We had a great time on the hay pyramid, the slides and the hay maze.  My Dada couldn't resist me, so I picked out way too many pumpkins to bring home!  



Rolling pumpkins down a hill



And of course, when we got home, it was time to decorate!


Two mummies!  I found out the hard way that their eyes glow at night! Yikes!

Another really cool treat this month was a special VIP tour of our fire station.  Mama and Dada's good friend, Mr. Joe, works there...and he arranged for us to go behind the scenes to explore the fire trucks and the station. 
That coat and hat were HEAVY!

Declan & Mr. Joe
And finally, here are a few extra random photos. 

Watching a movie with Quacken - I secretly love him so so so so much, he takes such good care of me.  But it's more fun to just pretend that I can do everything myself!
Declan is still taking piano lessons and getting better & better!  Here's him with Gee. 
His favorite song is Ode to Joy, and he plays it over and over and over and over and over and over and over, every chance he gets!

Stay tuned!  We have a trip to Atlanta, Mama's toga party, and our vacation to Mexico for Dia de los Muertos coming up this month!



No comments:

Post a Comment