Sunday, January 8, 2017

Keevah Nyx: Santa Claus is coming to town!





This is the first Christmas that I am conscious of the festivities - as last year I was only 5 days old, less than 5 pounds,  and slept through the entire season.  I'm still little,  only 16 pounds (5th percentile), but I'm tall (90% percentile)!  I'm doing my best to figure out this walking thing. I  psych myself out frequently...but when I'm not thinking too hard about walking or have something in my hands to distract me, I can do it pretty well (though I refuse to do it for video).  I'm slowly discovering that solids aren't too bad after all...though it's pretty fun to suddenly decide that I hate the food that I loved yesterday and spit it back out at Mama with a smile.
Wearing Mama's shirt from 1978

We had an awesome Christmas week.  Mama worked the week before Christmas, but Dada took some time off to watch Hercules and yours truly.  We had a lot of fun out at the parks and shopping for some gifts for Mama.  On the 22nd, everyone surprised me and took me on a special Santa Train to the North Pole.  We got to meet Santa Claus in person, and I tugged on his beard to make sure he was the real one!  We sang carols on the train, had coco and cookies, and met Jolly the Santa-helper-bear.

Meeting the big man himself!
As close as we let Mama get to taking our picture together
With Rudolph!

Mama and me!
Meeting Jolly - Santa's helper bear






Watching our special magic wristbands flash in time to the music
The next night, we went to San Francisco. Big brother got to go on a special big boy outing with Mama and Dada to the Nutcracker (which he LOVED), while I had fun playing with my friend Clare. We had dinner with friends afterwards, and then headed home. 



I was so jealous that I couldn't go to the Nutcracker too!
On Christmas Eve, we spent a lot of time watching Santa on the Santa Tracker. We also got all dressed up and went out to look at the lights in Napa before heading to a super fancy dinner.  I enjoyed my milk and puffs, and after a mighty struggle against sleep during cocktails, I finally gave in and had a long slumber.  Declan Hercules ate his pasta, and then promptly decided he better get a nap while Mama and Dada ate their long dinner.  That was our Christmas present to the parents - two sleeping babies while they enjoyed their gourmet meal!  It also enabled us to be awake to set out the cookies and milk for Santa and the reindeer, and also read 'Twas the Night before Christmas once we got home. 

Finding Santa on Santa Tracker


More Santa Tracker
All dressed up!
Mama and me
Handsome Hercules

Happy Nyx!
Dada and Declan
As close as we got this year to four people looking at the camera at the same time. 
Out to look at the lights
Someone stole Mama's coat
Cocktail hour at the FARM restaurant by the firepit



Two sleeping babies at a fancy restaurant.



Mama loving dinner!
'Twas the night before Christmas
All ready for Santa and Rudolph

Christmas morning, I was awakened by big brother in my crib undoing my swaddle and explaining to me that Santa had come!  We all went downstairs and our stockings were full!  Santa even left muddy footprints on the hearth, which Mama grumbled about.  He left a bit of cookie which I promptly grabbed and shoved in my mouth as well.  We spent the morning opening amazing gifts and eating a scrumptious breakfast.  My favorite gift was all the wrapping paper that I could shred and eat, as well as the boxes to tumble in.  I also got a Rody bouncy horse which is pretty neat too - I have succeeded in falling off it many times.  Brother got his long-sought Lightening McQueen peddle bicycle and some light sabers, along with many engineering/science/math games.  It was a true success!
Can it be Christmas every day?




Stockings!
This one is MINE!
Hercules opening his bike

Happy boy with a light saber
Declan also got his own popcorn popper
My favorite gift - bubble wrap just for me!


Rody's pretty cool too...
Family Christmas selfie
Declan's special present to Dada for him to hang in his office
Special gift to Mama and Nyx -  Dada had a painting of Nyx "Goddess of Night, Mother of Dawn" commissioned for the nursery.
Brother taking his new wheels for a spin


The day after Christmas, Mama was a machine and put away all the Christmas decorations since she had to work that week...but it wasn't too sad since we are headed to Pasadena to see Granddad and Boppy, then Death Valley, and then Tahoe for a whole 9 days!  Stay tuned for what happens next!






No comments:

Post a Comment