Thursday, December 17, 2015

Tahoe, Granddad & Boppy, and getting Ready for baby Candle!




In two days, I will be a big brother!  I've waited a long four years for this (and I guess so have Mama and Dada).  I am ridiculously excited and have been telling everyone that I'm more excited for baby sister than I am about Santa Claus. (This makes Mama and Dada super proud of me!) 
I've tested out everything from her crib to her carseat to her changing pad (with my clothes on!) just to make sure that everything is perfect for her.  Babies are very delicate so I will be very extra super duper careful when I hold her and help with her diaper and bottles. I have told everyone that baby sister is not going to know how to do anything when she comes out of Mama's tummy - It is my job to teach her everything and the first thing she will learn about is FANS! 

Making sure the carseat works!
Baby sister is pretty cool, but I also LOVE Christmas time.  I helped decorate the house for Christmas on Thanksgiving weekend.  Mama is always organized and this year has been even worse than normal with all her list-making since she wanted everything done before baby sister comes. Bright and early the day after Thanksgiving, Dada says she "cracked the whip" (whatever that means) to get us boys motivated to get working on decorations!

I got to help Dada with some of the exterior lights (which did NOT make Mama happy)
Mama with baby sister inside the wreath
Helping hang the wreath
The outside is all done!
And now for the inside!
Re-discovering all the ornaments

Dancing like a silly goose to Christmas carols with Mama and Baby sister

Getting close to finishing
All done
I fell asleep talking to baby sister
Then we had another wonderful weekend in Tahoe.  There was a pretty good snowstorm so Dada and I had a fabulous few days skiing.  I'm officially not using any harness, and I'm "almost" as good as Dada!
All dressed and ready to ski!




At the top of Heavenly with Dada





Making a snowman with my friend Jonah
Making snow angels with Mama and baby sister


Goofing around with Keaton
Boys will be boys
Enjoying some tubing with Dada and my friends

Exhausted after too much fun!
As if that wasn't enough excitement for one month, Granddad and Boppy came to visit for Mama's birthday weekend.  We went out to a fancy dinner to celebrate Mama getting really super duper old!  I got to play with my toys with Granddad and Boppy too, including my new fort-building kit that they gave me for Christmas!

Fancy dinner at Auberge de Soleil
Playing Magna tiles with Boppy
Opening my gifts from Granddad and Boppy

We always need a good goofy shot after a normal one!
Once Boppy and Granddad had to leave, I got to play hooky from school one day and go on the Santa Train!  I had a BLAST!  I got to meet Santa, Frosty, Rudolph, and several elves on the train...all while enjoying apple cider and breakfast and watching the grape vines roll by. 









The whole train sang happy birthday to Mama and I helped her blow out the candle!
Now that the house is decorated, baby sister's room is all organized, and Mama's birthday is over...it is time for Baby Candle to be born!  I get to go see her as soon as she is out of Mama's tummy and can't wait to be the best big brother ever!  It's also not a bad deal that Mama's off work for the next two months, so we get to have extra play time together. 

I'm going to let baby sister write the next blog post, so stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment