Monday, November 2, 2015

The Great Pumpkin was here!



Halloween was here!  I had a magnificent weekend celebrating with a Harvest Carnival at my school, then Halloween trick or treating, and even an afternoon at the park with my friends.  You have to wait until the end to see my costume.

Here's my school picture for the year!
Today, Mama is 29 and 2/7  weeks pregnant with baby sister Candle.  At this time in history 4 years ago, I was 3 days old!  When asked now why I was born so early, my typical response is "I wanted to come out and meet Dada!" or "It was too dark".  When prompted what I was doing in Mama's tummy to keep busy I say, "I was playing Hungry Hungry Hippos".

This is me:  2lbs9oz, at 3 days old on 7/10/2011
And here's Mama now:  apparently baby sister listens a bit better than I did at that age. She promises to stay put for 7 more weeks

And now on to my Halloween festivities.  I spent the weekend before Halloween with Gee and Grandpa in Elk Grove.  It's always so much fun to explore all the fun toys and treasures they have there - all sorts of things from when Mama was a little girl!

Carving pumpkins with Grandpa and Mama...I refused to touch the pumpkin guts (AGAIN!) 
Cuddle time with Grandpa


Gee set up a table and chair just for me so I could eat dinner while watching the sunset.
Gee and Grandpa are nicer than Mama and Dada - they let me dig trenches and make rivers in their back yard!

And they let me drive Uncle Ben's truck on Great Grammie's old (vacant) property.  Watch out world, only 12 more years until I get to do this for real!

Getting excited for Christmas already!
Then it was time for Halloween weekend.  It started with a Harvest Carnival at school, where I got to make Fall crafts, dance and play all sorts of fun games!

I conquered the haystack
Made crafts with leaves
Enjoying the playground
Square dancing!
poor quality but you get the idea! I love dancing!

The Great Pumpkin exists!
And finally Halloween night! I decided on my costume the day after Halloween last year, and stuck with it for the entire year.   Poor Mama had to figure out the execution, but I dictated all every detail.
Hercules the Wind Turbine!


It spins! Of course!

My haul for the evening! 
And finally, Mama and Dada at their grown-up party.  Baby Candle is a bit scandalous for Ms. Poppins and Bert the Chimney Sweep!


No comments:

Post a Comment