Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Cancun & Kauai






I just got back from an exciting two week vacation and can't wait to tell you all about it! 
For the first week, we flew to Playa del Carmen, Mexico.  Mama's super good friend from medical school, Miss Serena, was getting married and I was the ring bearer!  We explored the Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza - explained to me as super old buildings built by people who used to live a long time ago. I was shocked when I found out they were even older than Gee & Grandpa! (sorry Gee & Grandpa!)  It was pretty hot, but I was rewarded by a swim in a cenote - an inland fresh water lagoon. 

Chichen Itza



                                       Enjoying the view of the 1000 year old wall behind me

















       My huge jump into the cenote!

 
Completely exhausted after our first day of adventures

The next few days we spent at the resort - enjoying wedding festivities for Miss Serena.  I couldn't believe I got to go to the beach and pool every day!  After the first day, I pronounced to Mama "I don't want to go to this beach today; I want to go to a DIFFERENT island!"  Mama wasn't too thrilled with that behavior so I calmed down and loved going to the same beach every day.  We built so many sand castles with moats, played with balls and building blocks, and drank strawberry daiquiris every day! 






Very cool pirate ship pool!


All that fun in the sun worse me out!
Wedding day - taking my job seriously!
Hamming it up for the camera

Mama and her med school friends: Rachel, Catherine, and Serena

Special time with the bride
I had to change clothes for the reception....


Our last full day we spent at a water park that had a real lazy river, lots of snorkling, and cool water slides!
My friend the Toucan
Cave swimming!
Brava Dada!

After a wonderful week of fun in the sun, it was time to pack up and go to Kauai to see Gee & Grandpa!  I was so good on the plane rides - I never get to watch movies at home, so I get my fill whenever I'm traveling!  
Arrived and racing around!

Uncle Ben, Auntie Aubree, Cousins Addison & Sereana, Grandpa, Gee with cousin Rinnah, Mama with me, Dada, Uncle Tomo and Auntie Kelly

We went on a lovely day hike along the coast with the whole gang. My favorite thing was finding shrimp and crabs on the beach - still alive!


I also loved the beach right by our hotel - digging for sand crabs (I caught 6!) and making a castle from coral were my favorite activities.  


Digging for sand c


The gang relaxing on the beach

hunting for coral with Grandpa

My coral castle (much prettier until I covered it with sand to prevent other people from finding it...gonna hurt if they step on it!)

I also loved the really warm swimming pool and had a great time playing with (and exhausting) any adult who came along!

hanging on for dear life!

up...

up...

...and away!!

chasing Mama - playing sharks and minnows...

Uncle Ben w/ Rinnah, Auntie Aubree, Mama, me and Dada

                                                           ...why kids have Dadas


And now for cute Hercules photos with all the new outfits Mama generously gave (forced me to wear) for this trip!






With Gee...all dressed up for a fancy dinner


The whole gang again!

After 2 weeks in different paradises, I came back tan, bleach blond, a little tired, and a lot happy!  I loved spending every single day with Mama and Dada.  I'm not quite sure why we can't just stay on vacation all the time, or at least go again next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment