Monday, August 25, 2014

Alisal 2014

It's that time of year again!   Alisal!  Dada's side of the family has been going to Alisal Dude Ranch for the past 38 years. It's a special time to see all my cousins and Aunts and Uncles...and of course Granddad and Boppy.  

It was a 5 hour drive down to Solvang and I did a super good job behaving.  I saw a few big "windmill fans" along the way that kept me pretty excited for the rest of the drive.  

Standard favorites for this year were the hay wagon ride, horseback riding, the petting zoo and the pool.  There was also the critter cart with lots of strange reptiles and birds that I saw for the first time this year.  Every evening I treated the family (and other fortunate souls) to my special dancing in the Oak Room.  I got the band to play my favorites "The Gambler" and "Country Road"(more than once).  
A super special thing is that I got to meet my new cousin Owen for the first time.  My first little boy cousin!!  (There were definitely too many girls...it's nice to have another boy on my team).  

After a few days at Alisal, we went to Granddad and Boppy's house in Pasadena.  Did you know that they have fans?  So exciting! They also have to big doggies which scared me at first, but then they became my friends. My cousins Laura and Harper were there too and they helped dress me up like a princess!  We spent a day at the beach too!  Why can't I go to the beach every day. 

My week-long trip was capped with the perfect ending.  On the way home, we drove through a "windmill fan farm" where there were hundreds of big sucker windmill fans.  Holy moly!  I was so excited that I was squealing for at least an hour!  I want to go back!  

My first & second cousins:  Michael, David, Harper, Noelle, Remy; bottom: Laura holding Owen, me, Jessy, Logan
Cousins Laura and Owen with me
All dressed up for dinner
my sweet family
Feeding the tortoise
Guinea pigs and bunny rabbits!
Brushing the animals
Brushing the pig with Cousin Logan

Family fun time in the pool
I LOVE swimming!



Warming up in the jacuzzi with Cousin Harper
Go faster Dada!
The annual wheelbarrow race 
Lemonade with Mama
I always win when we play shuffleboard by my rules!
Shuffleboard with Uncle Kevin, Dada and Cousin Logan
Volleyball with Uncle Kevin and Cousin Logan
Holding my new baby Cousin Owen!
Another shot of all my first and second cousins:  Laura holding Logan, Jessy, David, Harper, Noelle and David; and Me holding Owen
Dancing cousins!
I LOVE "The Gambler"

Dancing with Dada

And Mama
More dancing
I did super good at the kids' table for the first time
First cousins with Boppy:  Logan, Harper, Laura holding Owen, and me  (We missed you Sophie and Lexi!)
Hay Wagon time!

Campfire at the breakfast ride
My family on the hay wagon
Checking out the horses

Hooray for Horseback riding!
2014

2013
2012
Showing my riding skills to Boppy, Owen, Uncle Kevin and Logan

Petting the bearded dragon with Cousin Noelle


My turn to hold it!
Petting Goatie
First time holding a birdie!
Please don't poop on my mohawk!
With cousin Harper

My sweet family

Say cheese!

Cousins with their ipads at dinner...at least we were quiet!


More dancing with Boppy and Logan

Beach time!

With Dada and Granddad

Look at the helicopters!

Giddyup Dada

Getting water for my sandcastle with Granddad and Boppy

Love my Mama!
The problem with having a bunch of girl cousins 

The best part?  Windmill farms on the ride home!



No comments:

Post a Comment