Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Three years old in Aspen


We just got back from an amazing weekend in Aspen with our friends, the Moxleys.  

What a special birthday trip!  I had been waiting an agonizing few days once Mama told me that my birthday was coming up. Every day I have been asking for my special presents and special treats.  I was rewarded well for my superb patience!  

We stayed in a log cabin on the Roaring Fork River and I got dirtier on a daily basis than I have ever been in my life.  We played until we dropped every day, and Mama literally had to carry me to bed most nights.  

We got to go up to the top of the Mountain in the gondola, where I played in the one remaining patch of snow, climbed on the playground equipment, and even did a bungee jumping thingy.  We also got to go on a wagon ride. But my favorite of all was the many hours we spent by the river, throwing in rocks and sticks. I learned all about buoyancy!  

For my birthday, Loretta and Eleanor helped make a phenomenal dirt cake, which I preferred to any edible variety. I did celebrate with smores too!  I still tell everyone that I'm two years old most of the time, but that's only because two was so cool.  I'll be excited about three when I make sure I'll still have as much fun as a big boy!  
Go America!
The men just chillin'
All decked out for July 4th with Loretta and Eleanor
sound asleep with my flags
exchanging a knowing glance with Dada
Wagon ride
Giddy-up!



The goat's tongue is so ticklish!

Go higher!!

A mountain playground to myself
Working hard to get to the top
I made it!
This one was really tough, not even Dada can do it!

                                                       Making a "fire" in the snow

Loretta and I looking out the gondola window
Zonked after a day on the mountain
Mama and Miss Stephanie at the grown-ups only dinner
Dada and Mr. Joel chatting before dinner
My beautiful Mama and Dada
All the grownups

picking the perfect rock to throw in the water
Mama and I waiting for another raft to come down the river


The path down to the river from our cabin
Making the fire for smores
Tackle Dada!
Hammock time with Loretta
My big sucker rocks
being silly
Making my special dirt cake
I blew out the candles by myself!
roasting my smores treat
multitasking:  eating smores and pouring dirt 
yummy!  Gooey marshmellow fingers dipped in dirt!

My birthday continues this weekend in Tahoe. Uncle Ben & Auntie Aubree are home from Jordan, and I can't wait to see them and show them how big I am since they left a year ago.  Mostly, I can't wait to show them all the big sucker fans at Tahoe!









No comments:

Post a Comment