Friday, March 14, 2014

From "a little bit sick" to "all better"

It's been awhile since I've been able to write.  I'm doing great now, but I was a "little bit sick" a few weeks back, which really threw off all our schedules. 

Gran came to visit for a week back in February and I was spoiled rotten.  I got to eat frozen yogurt every day and she bought me a whole Thomas the Train set!  I'm still playing with it every day.  Unfortunately, I got sick with a pneumonia at the end of her visit, and ended up spending four nights in the hospital.  I felt better pretty quickly but had to hang out for IV antibiotics for a few days longer.  Mama and Daddy spent the whole time with me, and Gee and Grandpa came for a few hours each day so Mama and Daddy could go home to work & sleep.  It was actually a pretty fun experience...I got so much love, cuddles, and all the movies I could watch.  I even got to eat anything I wanted for a whole week!  After discharge, it was back to reality and daily structure.  

I'm finally back in preschool and loving it.  I know my abc's and am counting to 20.   I'm speaking in whole paragraphs and can actually carry my end of a conversation now.   I'm engaging in a lot of "imaginary play" according to Mama (she just has no idea that it's not really imaginary stuff!).  I've gotten a little too good at climbing things and I'm doing super good with my eating these days...I wish the grown ups would stop bugging me about that!  

Eating frozen yogurt with Gran
My Thomas train set. Thanks Gran!
Just chillin' during my breathing treatments...
Passed out with Gee
Gee and Grandpa reading me books
Watching movies with Mama
Mama and me fast asleep
Starting to feel better (I put my pretzels down my breathing tube...whoops!)
Discharge day

Breathing treatments continue at home with Grandpa

Even Twiga gets a breathing treatment

I'm better!  Finally released outside to enjoy the rain in my dinosaur raincoat

Loving my guitar


I sing to monkey every day


Monkey plays the guitar too!

Learning to use the drill...thanks Grandpa!



I'm famous! Look at my portrait on the wall at GymZone

My "big sucker" tower

I was being a stinker and not listening to Mama...I refused to take off my clothes for a shower, so Mama made me take a shower in my clothes!  I can't get away with anything with her!

Playing Jingle Bells with Dada at the park

At lunch with Gee & Grandpa

Enjoying the fountain at Dean & Deluca

Playing with Pinky at Gee & Grandpa's house

Teatime with Pinky (Mama got Pinky the day she was born)

Getting my ears checked at Mama's office

 Off to Tahoe next week...stay tuned for more fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment