Sunday, June 10, 2012

Adios Mama & Daddy!

Last weekend was my first time away from Mama and Daddy!  It's about time!  They don't seem to realize that I'm a big boy now.

While they went off to the big city for a night at the SF Symphony Black & White Ball with some friends, I got to hang out with Grammie & Grandpa.  We had a blast!  I was still recovering a bit from my tummy surgery, but I still had a great time meeting a bunch of their friends at a Rotary party that they took me to.  I especially enjoyed bathtime with Grandpa and some walks around Elk Grove.  I had been to Elk Grove before, but never for this long.  I got to see the house that my Great-Grandpa was born in, the "place where it all happens" (Grandpa's office), the office that Grammie used to work in, and the schools that Mama & Uncle Ben attended.  It was pretty cool to learn all about my family's history from Grandpa.


zooming around at Grammie & Grandpa's house

Grandpa teaching me to tie a shoe!

Out for a walk with Grandpa
Mama and Daddy had a great time too.  You would think that they might be sad to be away from me for the first time, and they had a few twinges of missing me.  But, they coped pretty well and danced the night away.  I think they knew that I was having a blast with Grammie & Grandpa.  In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not a particularly sentimental guy.  Mama wishes that I was more cuddly, but there are too many things to enjoy in the world to spend time cuddling on the couch!  So, she called Grammie a few times to see if I was missing her...and Grammie's response was, "Well, I'm sure he misses you...I'm not sure when and he's been really happy the whole time...but I'm sure he does miss you".  Poor Mama!  I guess I could have faked a few tears just to make her feel needed & loved!  I'll try that next time...


Mama and Daddy clean up nice...
Daddy all dressed up
Mama with Daniel Enderton
Mama is so pretty!

Tiffany, Daniel, Daddy, Mama, Suzanna & Barclay
Daniel, Daddy & Barclay - the C12 gang
Mama & Barclay 
Mama & Daddy dancing in the street
Fireworks off the top of Symphony Hall
I'm feeling somewhat better after my surgery.  I think most of the surgical healing is done.  I haven't vomited since surgery, which is amazing!  I still have some discomfort with my feeding, but I'm trying to move beyond that.  I've been eating some cereal and fruits this week, and I'm slowly improving.  My swallow teacher, Anne, is so patient and I'm learning so much from her.

All ready to eat in my high chair
I can't crawl quite yet, but I'm learning to be ok in this position.  I used to just lay my head on the ground when Mama put me like this, but now I'm holding it up most of the time.  


A random video.....

Off to Boston this next week...I can't wait!

1 comment: