Saturday, August 5, 2023

Declan Hercules: Summer Travels

 


School's been out for awhile now, but we have had a crazy summer of travel and no time to catch up on posting. 

Last day of school - moving on to 2nd and 6th grades

We enjoyed a lovely weekend in Tahoe at the beginning of summer. Did some hiking, fishing & even some axe throwing!

 




We headed to Pennsylvania to celebrate Gran's 80th birthday with all the cousins on that side of the family.  We all spent a few days in State College, taking in a minor-minor baseball game, enjoying some swim time, and a lovely catered dinner in Gran's museum. 

Alexia, Harper, Laura, Gran, Declan, Avery, & Keevah

The whole gang

At the baseball game

                                                                  Alexia & Keevah





After the time in State College, Gran took all the Grandkids on a trip from Montreal to Halifax.  She rented a luxury bus to drive us from PA to Montreal.  We enjoyed yummy dinners, and I think I had steak every night!  We all took in the sites, including the huge ferris wheel and multiple museums. Great-Aunt Mimi & Cousin Jenny also came along to help wrangle us.  We ended in Halifax - a wonderful trip! There was a lot of drama getting home with canceled flights and bad weather, but after 3 days, we finally made it home to a very relieved Mama & Dada. 










We did a few weeks of camp after that trip.  I did some junior lifeguarding, which I really enjoyed. I'm also still doing a lot of coding & video/sound editing, so I'm doing some online coding camps.  Keevah did a few art camps, as well as gymnastics camp.  Then we went to Elk Grove for 4th of July fun.  My Uncle Ben & Auntie Aubree & cousins Rinnah, Providence, & Antalya are in California for the summer - back from Jordan.  So we enjoyed hanging out with them as well as Mama's cousins Casey, Andrew & Sarah & some of my second cousins Miles, Christopher & Kate.  We did a fun run on July 4th, and I came in third for my age group - my first ever race! 

  

The whole gang


My first medal for running!



A super fun evening with lots and lots of fireworks



 
We celebrated my 12th birthday with an ice cream cake, which I ate in the pool!

My very first MacBook


Gee & Grandpa with Providence, Keevah, Rinnah, Antalya & Declan


All 5 grandkids with Gee & Grandpap

Cousin cuddle time

I had all the ladies charioting me around

Love my cousin Rinnah!

Happy Father's day - belated - for Grandpa!

Happy Father's day to Dada

I also had a fun time with friends for my birthday.  Dada took me, Haines, Tai & Ryder to indoor go-karting.  He took no mercy on us, though, and he soundly beat our behinds in racing!




My second party was at Dave & Busters, with a fun combination of friends from different places.  


                                                                                        Keevah got into it too!

Next, we enjoyed a lovely trip to Alisal.  We go every year, and every year we look forward to it so much.  Alisal never changes, and we look forward to the same things each time:  horseback riding, rodeo, arts & crafts, bingo, archery & air rifles, the hoe-down, the barnyard, water balloon fights, and pool time. 

all the cousins 

Granddad & Boppy with all 10 grandkids




Three Generations




My 12th birthday - another celebration!






Annual Rummikub game











That takes us to our Alaska trip, but that will be in the next post! Too much to fit into this post! 





No comments:

Post a Comment