Friday, April 23, 2021

Keevah Nyx: Spring is here!


Spring has sprung and we are loving our home in this lovely weather.  We open all the doors and love the indoor-outdoor space!  Declan is also back in school 4 days/week (though only for 2.5 hours per day)...the rest is still online work.  I'm still at Connolly Ranch, but now I'm going two full days/week, and spending the rest of the days at home with Miss Andrea, Gee/Grandpa or Mama.  I'm still loving my friends Toni & Thalia from Ranch.   We have been going on walks and taking photos with the wildflowers too...we live in such a gorgeous place!  






Haines & Declan 

The boys (and Ruger) relaxing at the top of the hike

Dada arranged a special Pi Day activity where we collected circular objects around the house and traced them out.  Then we measured the circumference and diameter and divided them...and guess what?  Every time, no matter how big the circle, the ratio was the SAME!  Declan and I were pretty astounded! So cool!  




Declan also does a lot of extra "dada math"!  

Declan also still loves his fencing lessons!

Easter has also come and gone.  For the first time ever, all of the eggs we colored came from our own chickens!  It was so awesome to go collect them and then boil and color them... and then enjoy deviled eggs!  We took the wildflower photos on easter morning, and when we got home, the Easter bunny had been there.  Declan tried to catch the bunny by setting up his ipad to record the porch while we were gone, but he didn't capture the Bunny on camera!  We each found a gold and a silver egg, and got awesome baskets with our own cameras, candy, and art supplies.  









Haines' family got new baby chicks just in time for Easter!


We enjoyed a long weekend in Tahoe again in March - spent two lovely afternoons on the beach, and enjoyed some walks.   It's always my happy place!   We also snuck in some Spring skiing! 

Taylor Creek



With my puppy dogs

Declan on a hike









When Mama was making dinner one night, I quietly occupied myself.  What Mama didn't know is that I decided to give Cadbury a bubble bath!  She kind of freaked out  - all sorts of talk about chickens needing the oil on their feathers, worrying about her getting picked on by the other chickens, getting frozen into a block of ice cause it was cold outside, and if handsoap is ok for chicken skin...  But Cadbury ended up just fine, and smelling like a rose! 




I got to go on my first very own day trip with my friend Toni & her family.  We went to Safari West in Santa Rosa, which is an awesome Safari Park where we saw lots of African animals.  

 



Such a long fun day!

Me at the top, with Toni & Thalia at Yountville park

And here are some other random photos from the past 2 months of daily life! 


I made everyone (including Spirit and Chaos) wear my hair bows

Mama passed out on the floor after work! 

She was tired, so I made her a cheese platter! 

Mama said to take a shower...but she didn't tell me not to take Buttercup into the shower also!  She needs to be cleaned too! 

My routine jammies...(a three headed dragon)

...and frequently my face looks something like this when I'm asleep - I like to draw animal faces on my own! 

Declan's hiding place during hide-and-seek

future doctor!  (actually I want to be a scientist doctor chef currently)

Spirit is my snuggle bug

I make up songs all the time...





















No comments:

Post a Comment