Friday, January 8, 2021

Keevah Nyx: Christmas & New Years...good riddance to 2020!

What a wonderful Christmas Season!  Right after the last post, Mama celebrated her birthday...shortly  before I had my FIFTH birthday!  I am such a big girl now that I'm FIVE years old!  I know my alphabet and can write (most) of my letters.  I'm still going to Connolly Ranch every day in the afternoons, except for a few weeks right now for the holidays.  I'm still climbing everything that I'm not supposed to, enjoy "making my own recipes"- but haven't lit the kitchen on fire yet!  I love my dress up box, playing with my doggies, and playing with my big brother.  

A little dessert to celebrate Mama's birthday...

I have never had an official birthday party before, but since Declan got to go to Disneyland for his fifth birthday...and since we can't go anywhere now because of the evil Coronavirus...Mama decided I could have an awesome party at home.  I have a group of 4 girls that are in my "pod" from Connolly Ranch, and they all came to my house for my "Rainbow Wild Kratts" party.  I love the Wild Kratts, and all the animals that they teach me about.  Mama created a Wild Kratts scavenger hunt...complete with our own homemade Creature Power Vests, with velcro Creature Power disks.  We got an awesome reward at each station and gained new Creature Powers.  She also made an amazing Rainbow Wild Kratts cake that was so yummy! 

I'm FIVE!

With my pod: Me, Thalia, Toni, Emerson & Mia

On our Wild Kratts scavenger hunt



The super cool cake Mama made - check out all the animals and figures, and a waterfall!

And, the inside was rainbow!

All my wishes are going to come true!



A wild kratts pinata!

Yummy!

Just a few days after my birthday, it was Christmas Eve!  We created a new tradition by making homemade tamales as a family during the day.  We then went on a drive around Napa to look at the Christmas lights, just like every year.  But instead of going out to a fancy dinner, we had fondue at home while the Santa Tracker was on in the background.  We followed Santa around the globe until he was getting pretty close to Napa.  Then we settled by the fireplace to read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas - and Declan read it all by himself for the first time!  Right as he finished, I heard a noise outside, and I bolted straight to my bed and hid under the covers so Santa wouldn't find me awake! 


Working on the tamales!

Green Chile cheese & red chile pork tamales
We had the Santa Tracker up all day...

Checking out the Christmas lights
All ready for Santa

Cheers! Fondue dinner!
All ready for reading 'Twas the Night Before Christmas
Me and Dada

Declan read the book for the first time this year





On Christmas morning, we weren't allowed to wake up Mama & Dada until 8...so we counted down the minutes until it was time to see if Santa came!  And he DID!  Our stockings were full and the tree had so many presents!  Declan was so excited to get fencing gear, and ant farm, and a really cool race car set.  I got a new iPad and a BIKE!  I can't wait to learn how to ride it! 

We always open stockings first...even the dogs and chickens got stockings!


Spirit and Chaos are ready for Santa too...

I got a t-rex from Declan


...a bike from Santa...
and a new ipad from Mama and Dada


The boys...
Declan's cool race track thing...


and his long awaited Ant Farm!

Dada had a cool t-shirt made for Declan...


and one for me too!!! 

Reminder: when I solve the Reiman hypothesis, Dada's gonna buy me a Lamborghini...

Declan made Dada a chip bowl and a salsa bowl

Christmas greetings!

a little Christmas Dance show...

The day after Christmas, we went to Elk Grove to see Gee & Grandpa.  We had a really nice Christmas with them, and Gee made me the best homemade embroidered bunny pillowcase in the world! She also made albums of all Declan and my schoolwork.  Declan got fishing stuff too!  We had fun going on walks and swimming in their pool - Grandpa had it all warm for us!  

My special homemade bunny pillow from Gee
We love Gee & Grandpa

The standard very strange Colton family treasure hunt tradition...

The whole gang
Prime rib dinner at Gee & Grandpa's house



Back at home, Mama and Dada took off the week between Christmas and New Years.  We didn't do anything too exciting, but it was a nice relaxing week and we got to play with all our Christmas presents!  We celebrated New Years Eve by going to bed early, since 2020 wasn't really anything to celebrate!  We did stay up late on New Years Day though! 

Sound asleep early on New Years Eve 

All dressed up to celebrate New Years DAY



Cheers to a New Year!


Best buddies Haines & Declan


And the biggest thing to celebrate for the end of the year!!!! Mama got her vaccines to get her Covid superpowers!  

And hopefully she won't have to dress like this for surgeries anymore! 


No comments:

Post a Comment