Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Keevah Nyx: I'm THREE, and am still recovering from Christmas!



Santa and Tahoe are cool and all...but first off I wanted to announce that I'm THREE years old now!  I'm determined to not let my birthday be over-run by Christmas celebrations, so we celebrated with cupcakes and singing in Tahoe, and then Mama, Declan, and Miss Laura took me out to dinner for my special day.  I'm still loving gymnastics, my preschool, and my big brother.  I'm still not particularly cuddly (unless it suits my purposes), but I'm a goofy girl who can still have fun and be serious at the same time.  I'm still climbing everything (and everyone), and generally proving that I can tackle things beyond my age...I have to keep up with Quacken (I still mostly refuse to call him Declan, even though I can totally pronounce it correctly).  

Happy birthday to ME!!!!  I'm THREE!  (and yes - I have stickers all over my body)
Keep singing to me!!!

Though I loved Christmas last year, this year was the first time that I absolutely loved every moment of the holidays this year.  I loved picking out our tree (including my special tiny tree for my room), decorating, Christmas songs ("Santa Claus is coming to town" is my favorite, and I'm trying to stay on the nice list!),  visiting with Santa, and the daily movement of our Elves on their Shelf!  I wore Christmas jammies most every day, and couldn't wait for Santa to come visit our house.

Santa #4 - Napa Riverfront

Declan Hercules got to go to the Nutcracker in San Francisco with Mama and Dada, while I had a day of play with Miss Laura.  He loved it, and I can't wait to go with them (they say in 2 years, but I'm aiming for next year).




Ready for the show to start!
On Dec 23rd, we drove to Gee & Grandpa's house, and finally got to see Uncle Ben, Auntie Aubree, and Cousins Rinnah & Providence.  They are visiting back from Jordan, and we haven't seen them in person for 1.5 years - when Providence was only 3 weeks old!  I FaceTime with them frequently, but it was so so fun to hang out with my cousins!  We had a small Christmas celebration at their house, before returning home for Christmas Eve. 

Providence, Declan, Rinnah & Me (with bunny rabbit on my shoulders)
Cousins in sparkle dresses (thanks Gee (even though Mama isn't happy!))
Grandpa with all the grandbabies
Three of us can fit in the old buggy that Gee used for Mama and Uncle Ben 40 years ago! 

Enjoying a Fancy Christmas dinner in Elk Grove

We enjoyed our normal Christmas Eve traditions in Napa, including taking a tour of the best Christmas lights, followed by Dinner at the FARM restaurant at Carneros Inn.  I indulged in my favorite pasta with butter and parmesan, as well as TWO full Shirley Temples.  After that, it was back home to get into our holiday jammies, and read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.  We set out Mexican Wedding Cookies (to celebrate Miss Laura's culture) along with the milk, and veggies for the reindeer before heading to bed. 







Christmas Lights on Paradise Lane

Enjoying our fancy dinner at the FARM

Am I not saying the name of the book correctly?

Milk & cookies all ready for Santa!
Reading "the original" Twas the night before Christmas

After a long night's sleep, I was awakened by big brother Declan, who had been super patient while waiting for me!  Mama and Dada have a rule that we can't go downstairs on Christmas morning until we are all awake and together.  I was hoping that Declan and I had been good enough for Santa - but didn't know for sure until we got to the living room!  We got what we were asking for!  Declan had been asking for Harry Potter book 4, and then a special thing that he only asked for from Santa.  Turns out, he got both the book and his special request, which was a Harry Potter Wand!!!  How did Santa know?  He never told Mama & Dada or anyone else!!!   I really wanted a doggie...and guess what??  We got a puppy dog!  I named him "Spirit", though I have yet to divulge how I even know that word, or if I know what it means!  Spirit is an Australian Labradoodle, and he is 3 months old.  He is a really sweet boy, though we need to work on some training.  

Waiting patiently at the top of the stairs!
Santa was here!
Which means the elves have left!
We started with our stockings
After a painfully long breakfast, we finally got to open the presents under the tree.  Declan got Harry Potter Book 4
And his special request - A Harry Potter wand!



The doorbell rang, and then there was a puppy dog at the door, complete with a red bow!


My favorite gift - SPIRIT!

Spirit gets love from everyone!
I got an awesome rocket ship tent too!
And Mama got a Peloton cause she's doing so awesome with her exercises
Christmas Night, we curled up with Spirit while Mama and Dada enjoyed a long grown up dinner in peace and quiet! Merry Christmas Mama and Dada!
After a few days recovering from Chirstmas, and playing with my new toys (while Mama and Dada worked), we headed to Tahoe.  We got to spend an entire week with Gee, Grandpa, Uncle Ben, Auntie Aubree, and my cousins.  I really bonded with Cousin Rinnah - she is 4 years old, so we're pretty close in age.  My favorite part of the week (aside from playing with my cousins and my new puppy) was that I learned to ski!  I did pretty good all by myself, and sometimes with Dada holding a harness that didn't have any tension on it!  Wahooo!!!!
Here's everyone at the top of Heavenly
The whole gang (including Miss Laura) enjoying a grown up dinner while cousins have movie night

Providence loved the doggie, and kept using Spirit as a pillow - but he didn't seem to mind!
Spirit bonded with Grandpa too!

Happy New Years!

My family at midnight (East Coast time) on New Years!


Miss Laura, Auntie Aubree, Mama, Dada, and Uncle Ben at actual midnight PST - New Years
Mama, Grandpa, Declan, me and Spirit at Nevada Beach


Who says beaches are for Summer only?
Me & Rinnah all ready to ski!
Watch out world, I'm on skis!
The three skiers...trying to convince Mama to ski again, but she says she has too many "replacement parts" to try it!










Spirit got a new sweater


He also got new boots - We both seem to have a little trouble on the ice...

Gee & all four of her ducklings

Grandpa should not have taught Rinnah and me to say "gaseous ammonia"

Phew!  That was a lot - and now we are back in Napa, and back to school. The house is all picked up, but Spirit is doing his best to destroy it.  We are enjoying rainy adventures, our new puppy, and new toys from the holidays.  And Mama and Dada are still trying to recover from all the excitement!  It was a great month!















No comments:

Post a Comment