Saturday, July 15, 2017

Declan Hercules: CA adventures for my SIXTH birthday!


Hi Everyone!  I'm SIX YEARS OLD!!!  Mama and Dada can't believe how big I am (coming from 2 pounds initially!) and can't believe I'm going to Kindergarten in just a few weeks.  I'm just being my super cool self, interested in science, cooking, space, paleontology, designing experiments and loving my sister.  I'm spending the summer in a variety of summer camps; this week is chemisty camp and next week is a farm-to-table cooking camp at Connolly Ranch.  I'm still in swim lessons twice a week and gymnastics once a week.  I'm not loving reading and math too much yet, but I'm working super hard on it!  I love spending time with sister Keevah Nyx - she is quite a little person now and is doing so much better with her ear tubes in.  She has about 15 words now that she's learned in the past month, but her favorite one is "No!".  She tries to say my name, but it's a hard one and comes out more like "Deda or Deden"!  

I got to celebrate my birthday so many times!!  
We took a week-long trip that started at Gee & Grandpa's house in Elk Grove.  My Uncle Ben, Auntie Aubree, and Cousin Rinnah came back from Jordan for a few months and this was my first time seeing them since last year.  They brought me a brand NEW COUSIN too!  Baby Providence Joy is my newest cousin and she's only a month old now...and also really cute!  It was a few days before my birthday but I still got to open presents, including my very first chapter book: Harry Potter!  I need help reading it, but it is so cool!  I also got a magic set and a shark tooth kit including my very own Megalodon tooth (replica).  I've been sleeping with the megalodon tooth ever since!  We also got to light fireworks in their backyard.  It was the first time I've gotten to see fireworks up close since we usually see the big show in Napa and home fireworks are not allowed.  I loved the show, but they made me nervous at first!  

July Fourth Hercules & Nyx


Cousins!  Declan with Providence, Keevah Nyx, and Rinnah
Gee & Grandpa with Providence, Declan, Rinnah, and Keevah
Fun in the sun!  My family with Gee, Grandpa, Auntie Aubree & Cousin Rinnah
Rinnah with Auntie Aubree, Gee, Mama with Keevah
Mama and Dada with me and sissy
My first Harry Potter book!
Gee & Grandpa gave me my first ever ice cream cake
My first firerwork;  sparklers!
My first up-close fireworks...check out my hilarious expressions!


My family is a bit strange

Mama introducing cousin Providence to Keevah who LOVED the baby!
Me with Providence and Rinnah
Keevah loved playing with Uncle Ben!
We said good bye to my Elk Grove family and drove to Monterey.  We went to my favorite aquarium in the World!  Keevah loved it this time too and was super excited about the sharks.  She picked out a saw-tooth shark stuffed animal in the gift shop and hasn't stopped hugging it all week.  I picked out a small narwhal toy which is pretty cool too.  We ate at my favorite Italian restaurant Cibo, which has the best cheese ravioli in the world. 

The octopus put on quite a show!
The kelp forest
In the tidal zone!
Shark!
After a day in Monterey, we drove a few hours South to San Simeon.  I followed our whole drive on my big map of California with my marker in the back seat.  We stayed in a hotel right on the beach and spent two afternoons playing on the sand.  I also got to go to Hearst Castle for the first time and really loved the experience.  I can't believe someone built a castle that large to live in...I've started figuring out how I'm going to build my mansion someday!  Keevah Nyx also felt right at home in the castle!  After the Castle, we went to see the elephant seals who were molting on the beach so close to us. I can't believe how noisy they are!  I went on an awesome hike down a big cliff with Dada while Mama watched Keevah Nyx up at the top.  Dada couldn't believe that I made it all the way down and all the way back up!

Hearst Castle



I don't understand why I don't have a pool like that at home!
Keevah Nyx climbing the steps to the castle




Relaxing on the beach with Mama
Elephant seals!

Dada makes a good bed
Dada and me on the big rock!
Nyx isn't happy about selfies
Happy Keevah eating sand...again
Playing catch with Mama
Relaxing in our teepee



After two days in San Simeon, we drove onwards to Alisal dude ranch in Solvang for our annual family reunion with Granddad, Boppy and all my aunts, uncles and cousins on Dada's side of the family.  My favorite thing about Alisal is running around like crazy with my cousins, but I also enjoy the animals in the barn, the hay wagon ride, the horses, swimming, the hoedown, and crafting.  I have another new cousin on Dada's side of the family - baby Emmeri who I got to meet for the first time. She's not quite as small as Providence Joy, but she's still really tiny! 

The whole gang!


Me with Cousins Sophie, Lexi, Harper, Logan, and Laura holding Keevah
Another birthday celebration for me!  A cake at Alisal!
Kids table from 12 o'clock: David, Michael, Laura, Harper, Declan, Sophie, Noelle, Lexi, and Logan
Mama and sissy on her horse!
Sister was a natural on the horse!
Dada and me - next year I get to go on the horse rides all by myself!!!

The barnyard is one of my favorite activities
Keevah wasn't afraid of anything!!
Giddy up tortoise!
Feeding the bunnies and guinea pigs


Nyx loved the woof woof Cora!
Me holding a huge snake!
Two birdies!
Keevah loved the tweet tweets!
Cooling off

Me and Granddad
Matching flamingo swimsuits
My age doesn't fit on one hand anymore!
All dressed up for dinner

Keevah Nyx is so pretty!
The cook at the pancake breakfast made me a special pancake for my birthday
Family water balloon fight!

Keevah Nyx with new baby cousin Emmeri
Me dancing with Dada at the hoedown

Dancing with cousin Logan

Dancing with my cousins

Dancing with Cousins David, Logan and Lexi
Dada and Keevah dancing

Boppy and Keevah dancing
Phew!  I had to come home to relax after such an active and fun vacation! 








No comments:

Post a Comment