Monday, July 11, 2016

Keevah Nyx: Ruling Mount Olympus


I was born on the eve of the Winter Solstice. That was appropriate since I, Nyx, am the Goddess of Night and the Mother of Dawn. So, it was fitting that my parents, Chaos & Zeus, choose to introduce me to the pantheon of Gods from antiquity on the evening of the Rose Moon. Under that full moon of the Summer Solstice, 50 of my closest friends & family journeyed great distance to celebrate....me!!

Everybody was there....it was strictly "A" list. My brother Hercules and my father Zeus were there. Poseidon and Hades made it. Perseus and Achilles--the greatest Heroes after Hercules--were there. Chronos made an appearance. Remarkably, both Prium--the final King of Troy--and Agamemnon--the conqueror of Troy were there....in peace!

And we had Prometheus, Athena, Aphrodite, Helios, Artemis, Nebulous, Psyche, Hephaestus, Hypnos, Iris, and many more!

They were all there to witness my unveiling. As I was revealed, I was, surprisingly, a bit nervous. I was, after all, at least the great Grandmother of everybody at the party!  The evening was marvelous. We reveled under the Rose Moon in the warm summer air. The food was delicious, and the drink flowed like the river Stixx separating the living world from that of the dead. Indeed, Dionysus even tried to light his toga on fire at one point (that actually happened)!

The last guest left around 3 AM with the moon still shinning brightly in testament my night and to me!

It was a delicious evening and the perfect introduction. Chaos has told me not to get used to these kind of celebrations....they only come along once an Epoch!

Big brother helping Dada and Grandpa hang a chandelier from our tree!
Gran & Gee occupying my attention so others can decorate for my party
Selfie with Mama and a Grecian urn full of ivy & grapes
Playing with Boppy and Gee
Dada and Granddad setting up my lounge furniture 
Gran setting my tables!
Backyard all set for my party
With Granddad & Boppy
With Grandpa & Granddad - I love my grandfathers!

My yard is all beautiful for my party

Mama as Chaos - Mother of Nyx!
Greek symbol of Chaos on her wings!
Dada calling all Greek gods and goddesses to circle up for my introduction
Big brother Hercules announces himself

Making my grand entrance 
Keevah Nyx, goddess of night, mother of dawn!
I was super happy until I saw how many people were watching me:  however I kept my cool and stayed calm!
Hercules helping me forget my nerves


My whole family!  Hercules, Chaos, Zeus & Nyx!


The gods and goddesses introduce themselves
Mama with me, Grandpa, Hercules, Gee & Dada
Mama, Boppy with me, Dada, Granddad with Hercules
Mama, Gran with me, Dada & Hercules
Starting the fire with Dada
Mama with Gee & Grandpa
Lauren, Jenya & Gene
Hercules with Gee by the fire
Michelle, Serena & Stoyan
Cara, Bill & Jessy
Courtney, Josh & Mama


James, Susan (one of Mama's obs), neighbor Stacey, Joe, Amanda, and Kim (Mama's med assistant)
Tom, Jenya, Mark, Lydia, Trishna, Antonio, Ernst
Dave, Nancy, Bunmi, Ernst, Josh, Bill, Cara
Bethany and Barclay
Dada with me, Tom, Barclay, Mama
Tom roasting marshmellows! with Trishna, Antonio, Rocio, Ernst, Jenya
Mama's hospital people (& spouses):  Joe, Amanda, James, Susan, Heather, Alex, Mama, Dada
Uncle Hans, Barbara, and Granddad
So many awesome friends & family at my party
Boppy reading an Alisal book to me

Making Dada his sunshine cake for Father's Day
Happy first Father's Day as a Dada of TWO!
I love listening to myself talk!


I have mastered the art of sucking my own tongue


...and sucking all fingers at once...


Big brother can always make me laugh

Gran was around for a few extra days so we got to enjoy playing with her a lot!
Gran reads Hercules a bedtime story
Gran bought Declan his own bocce ball set
Gran and me!
Gran and Declan working on his Thomas the Train set. 
Hercules got to go to his first movie in a theater!

No comments:

Post a Comment