Sunday, May 22, 2016

Keevah Nyx: May

I'm 5 months old, though 4 months "adjusted".  I'm working on so many things like shrieking - people say I sound like a dolphin - rolling over, sitting up and standing. Standing is my favorite and I routinely lock my legs so people can't make me sit again.  I feel an awesome sense of accomplishment whenever I stand...and I get the hugest grin on my face every time. 
I also love chomping on my hands, my feet, my clothes, and pretty much everything else I can get my hands on. I drool constantly!

Dada was out of town for Mother's Day, BUT I had a great weekend with big brother and Mama.  It was Parent Tea at Hercules' school, and I loved watching all the older children serve their parents.  He made special lily pad cookies and fruit & veggie skewers, in addition to the homemade tea. He even picked, dried, crushed and infused his own Mint & Lemon Balm! I can't wait to do that someday!

Enjoying Parent tea
Big brother bringing us a cookie

We went to the Discovery Museum in Marin with Miss Cara & Clare and Miss Jess & Vera; and then spent the night in SF. The next morning we had Mother's Day bunch with Mr. Dave, Miss Nancy & Felix, followed by a few hours at the park. 

Discovery Museum has the BEST views!

Cara, Jess, Mama and me!

Mama with her babies on Mother's Day! I think we made it a pretty awesome weekend for her first Mama's day with two babies!
There was an exhibit on China and brother had a great time playing with the toy pandas
Clare and Declan playing on the motorcycle
Big brother made a track for balls to race!
playing with kinetic sand
I can't wait to do this with Declan and Clare!


And this too!!

Mama enjoying her cocktail and talking with me.  That teepee in the background looks perfectly quiet and innocent...
But it's not! Declan, Vera and Clare were having a noisy great time!
Breakfast with Dave, Nancy & Felix
Hercules and Felix watching trains go by
Back at home Declan Hercules continues to be infatuated with the movie "Inside Out".  I think I look like the first image of baby Riley, and people can definitely see Joy in my eyes most of the time (sadness, anger, fear and disgust also make appearances at times though!)
Big brother particularly loves "Goofball Island", and was determined to make his own version of it at home. So, Mama and Dada worked with him over a few weekends to get the parts to construct Goofball island.

Hercules showing me his Goofball Island


We had a crazy morning when a hot air balloon accidentally landed in front of our house! 




Out for a family walk
Dada and Hercules help give me a bath.  I actually kind of like the water now, even though it always startles me at first!

Strategically placed duckie boats
A cute video of me very loudly chomping my hand

I'm mobile! (kind of) Big brother takes me everywhere I need to go!

1 comment:

  1. The Colton-House family sure looks like the activity list is always full. Great post and Gee and Grandpa enjoyed looking at Miss House's post along with Uncle Ben and Auntie Aubree while we are visiting them in Amman, Jordan.

    ReplyDelete