Monday, August 10, 2015

Gran's visit & San Francisco


Gran came to visit last week for a whole week, all the way from Pennsylvania!  We have a special routine of going to the toy store where I have a whole long process of choosing which toy (and usually TOYS) I would like...and Gran indulges me with pretty much anything I want!  Then we go to feed the ducks on the river, followed by a trip to the frozen yogurt place.   This time she also took me to the geyser in Calistoga and for lunch at Dean & Deluca in St. Helena.  Too bad she can't be here every week!  

Dinner with Gran in our back yard
Playing in the fountain at Dean & Deluca
Backyard fire!
Gran's the best bedtime book reader because she reads every book I want and doesn't try to skip any pages or chapters like Mama and Dada...

We were actually in SF for Gran's friend's birthday (but Mama forgot to take photos of the actual birthday dinner).  While Gran was busy setting up for the party, Mama and I went on a long walk (about 5 miles) around the city.  Thankfully I had a stroller!  
Tourist trap of Pier 39
Two story Merry-go-round
A view of Alcatraz

c
               
Coit Tower (one of my favorites!)

Since Dada was away on business this weekend, it was just Mama and I in a fancy hotel. I got my very own Queen bed for the first (and it better not be the last) time. 
Just being cute!


Back home, Miss Heather surprised me with a trip to a Wind Farm!

Wind turbine blades are HUGE!
There was a small museum there too, and I could turn off miniature wind turbines by myself. 
I know the name of every single part of a wind turbine. Do you know what a nacelle is? Did you know that they all have weathervanes on their tops?  And a braking mechanism if needed?

And, guess what I'm going to be for Halloween this year?  Not a box fan like last year...but a wind turbine!  Mama better get working on my costume!

Working on a solar system project with Dada
"Helping" Grandpa fix the jacuzzi
Time at Chrissy Field in SF


Eye exam at the doctors for my Four year old checkup
Still loving magna-tiles - I call these inventions "Hotel Cars"  (??)

1 comment: