Monday, January 9, 2012

Snowless Mountains

I had another amazing weekend!  Mama and Daddy better watch out…I’m starting to expect great things to happen every weekend!

We drove to the Tahoe Cabin on Thursday and met our friends Jason Rugolo (the battery guy) & Lindsay for dinner at the Chart House.  I once again was a complete gentleman at the restaurant.  Seriously, for all you entrepreneurs out there, an untapped market exists…capture the white noise in a restaurant so I can listen to it in my crib all night long (or any time Mama needs a break)!  

 Mama, Daddy, me, Lindsay & Jason at the Chart House




Mama, Daddy, Jason & Lindsay enjoyed the hot tub after dinner, and I slept the whole time in my stroller right next to the tub!  It is ridiculously warm in Tahoe for January, and I was super comfortable out there for over an hour.  

Mama and Daddy tell me that the mountains usually have this white wet stuff called “snow” at this time of year…but clearly they don’t know what they’re talking about since the mountains were green & brown!  It was 60 degrees and comfortable even without a jacket.  This was good and bad…Daddy didn’t get to ski on fresh powder, though the man-made stuff wasn’t too bad.  But, we got to take some great hikes which normally we couldn’t do this time of year.

On Friday, more of our friends arrived, and Bill, Cara, Jason, Lindsay, Justin & my new buddy Yuval went out on a hike  to Vikingsholm (the castle of an ancient dead crazy man right on the Lake).  Mama carried me in my Moby wrap for the whole time.  I slept throughout the journey in my cozy Moby cocoon in my new Patagonia jacket (courtesy of Granddad and Boppy).   Someday soon, I’m sure I’ll learn to appreciate the beauty of the Lake, or at least enjoy throwing rocks into it!  After the hike straight back up the side of the hill, Mama was seriously worn out…months of bedrest may have softened her muscles a bit, but carrying an extra 15 pounds on her front side will get her back in shape in no time!

 Daddy & me with Justin (C12 cofounder) & my fellow survivor, Yuval (20 months)

 Bill, Cara, Justin & Yuval, Me in my Moby on Mama's tummy, Lindsay, Jason & Daddy on a hike to Vikingsholm, South Lake Tahoe


Then, more of our friends arrived Friday night…Brad & Carol who Mama & Daddy met in college, and Libby & Mike from Berkeley.  Auntie Cara made an amazing stuffed steak & pasta dinner and everyone there took turns holding me!  I sure know how to get my way and be loved constantly. 

Saturday, Mama & I hung out while Daddy went skiing.  Mama says I can ski in 2 years, but I am determined to get on the slopes next season!  Then a wonderful evening of wine tasting with the whole group, now even larger with the addition of Alex, Heather and 10 month old Levi!  I can’t wait to grow up to be big and strong like Levi & Yuval.  That whole crawling and walking thing seems amazing! 

Another hike on Sunday to Cascade Falls (how many 3 month olds have been to Cascade Falls twice?)  And then home to finally get back to my own bed.

                                                       Asleep on the couch...


My new trick this week, aside from perfecting my smile and laugh, is to play on tissue paper.  It’s totally true that babies don’t need expensive toys!  My tissue paper is my favorite toy of all…when I kick and move my arms, it makes this fabulous noise that makes me laugh and smile! 



 I absolutely love my tissue paper...I carry it everywhere with me, including 4 hours in my carseat on the way up the mountain...

 Mama, Bill, Cara, Jason, Lindsay & Libby at dinner at the Colton Cabin

 Brad, Mama, Jason & Libby during the ritual double blind taste testing competition

 Me wearing one of the inappropriate onsies that Daddy gave me for Christmas...notice no pants too!

Out on a Sunday hike with Brad, Carol, Lindsay, Jason, and Daddy carrying me...and the back of Bill's head...

No comments:

Post a Comment